Language: English / Spanish
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

welcome to Sony's community site

Get involved! Whether you are here to ask or give help - we are happy you stopped by and look forward to seeing you in the future! Please watch our Welcome Video to get started.

VAIO - Hardware & Networking

New Contributor
USER-982471

VPCEB47GM Upgrades

Hi,

Could you provide me a list of upgrade-able hardware for this laptop. It has been freezing up on me when using certain programs and I want to know what my options are and where to find them.

Thanks.
Please use plain text.
Occasional Contributor
TDL4_Killer

Re: VPCEB47GM Upgrades

Hi,

Can you provide us with the applications/programs that you are using when it is freezing up? Check the system requirements of these programs that you are trying to use and if it is meeting the specification of your computer it might be something else. Most of the upgrade-able peripherals for laptops are HDD, RAM and processor.
Please use plain text.
Top 40 Artist
KimberlyS

Re: VPCEB47GM Upgrades

Hello, and thank you for your post.
As Killer above suggested, check your running programs to determine what is causing your poor performance before turning to Hardware for a solution. VAIO Care or at the very least reviewing the "Performance Information and Tools" category in your Control Panel may help resolve your issue.

However, to answer your question, the only user upgradable item in your laptop is the memory.

Please review page 104 in the Users Guide titled "Upgrading Your VAIO Computer" to change out your RAM modules.
http://www.docs.sony.com/release/VPCEB3_Series.pdf
Please use plain text.