Welcome to the Community!

VAIO - Hardware & Networking

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Enthusiast
Message 1 of 7 (2,698 Views)

Vaio S Series Battery Replacement

Looking to confirm that my Sony Vaio S Series laptop model SVS151C1GL (as written on battery) or SVS15125CXB (as stated in system information) battery is in fact dead. Laptop dies if unplugged, charge state will range from "0% and not charging," to "100% fully charged," always says Battery 1 is "not present" and Battery 2 is "0% and not charging." Seems straight forward, but Vaio Care says battery health is "excellent," and running a battery report says design capacity is 52,270 mWH, full charge capacity is 50,110 mWH (where I've been lead to believe a significantly lower full charge capacity means it's dead). Am I not optimizing my battery properly or something, or is this as obvious as it seems and it is in fact dead?

Secondly, just to confirm, would this unfortunately expensive replacement battery at Encompass be the way to go (or, of course, buying another laptop)? I know Sony lists Amazon as an authorized online dealer, but is this cheaper UBatteries one likely to not work/cause a fire?

Message 2 of 7 (2,670 Views)

Re: Vaio S Series Battery Replacement

Hi, Kl5-4796

Welcome to Sony Community! 

What is the current operating system of your Sony Vaio laptop? Were there changes or updates happened before this issue started? Kindly refer to the link below to isolate and hopefully resolve the issue: 

Thanks,

Vincent

If my post answers your question, please mark it as "Accept as Solution"

Enthusiast
Message 3 of 7 (2,624 Views)

Thanks for the reply! It's running Windows 10 (updated from WIndows 8), but it started having battery issues long before I updated. I followed both sets of instructions in the link (disabling the ISB Utility on start up, and renamed ISBMgr.exe to ISBMgr.old). My battery continues to say 0% and charging, Battery 1: Not present, Battery 2: 0% and charging. But as always, it does not actually charge. It said it was at 5% when I tried just disabling the ISB Utility on start up, but did not continue to charge, and when I tried unplugging it died in less than a second, and is now back at 0% and "charging." If you have any other suggestions or thoughts on my situation, I'd greatly appreciate it.

Message 4 of 7 (2,589 Views)

Hi, Kl5-4796

Try to power reset the unit. Shut down the laptop, unplug the AC power adapter and all connected devices. Look for the battery off button on the bottom of the unit and push and hold it for at least 5 seconds: http://docs.esupport.sony.com/pc/SVS13A2_S1312_S1512_series/EN/contents/04/01/04/04.html

Regards,

Vincent 

Apprentice
Message 5 of 7 (1,378 Views)

Hi. Did you have any luck with your battery. I have the same problem.
Message 6 of 7 (1,285 Views)

Hi, Cdoc

Thank you for visiting Sony Community! 

For further assistance regarding your concern, please contact the Sony offices/Sony representative offices nearest to your place of residence in Asia Pacific region http://www.sony-asia.com/countryselector.html?hpid=countryselector:AsiaPacific. Due to proximity, they are in a better position to respond to your questions or concerns.

Regards,

Vincent 

Highlighted
Apprentice
Message 7 of 7 (1,277 Views)

Why? Why don't they you do your job properly Vincent and help people? Just because Sony doesn't make Vaios anymore doesn't mean you should treat your customers like ******. I note the Asia Pacific support site says go to the community site. Are you guys really ****** or something. Who would buy Sony chap.

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook