Language: English / Spanish
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

welcome to Sony's community site

Get involved! Whether you are here to ask or give help - we are happy you stopped by and look forward to seeing you in the future! Please watch our Welcome Video to get started.

VAIO - Hardware & Networking

USER-963223
Accepted Solution

Vaio VPCL116FX HDMI connection to Bravia KDL-32XBR4

I cannot connect my Vaio VPCL116FX to my Sony Bravia KDL-32XBR4 LCD HDTV thru HDMI cable. The computer doesn’t detect the TV when I try to connect. I talked to Sony support twice and nobody seems to have a clue what is going on. The HDMI input on the computer is working because I was able to connect external Blu-ray Sony player and see it on the computer. But connecting computer to TV doesn’t seem to work. I cannot believe that one of the latest Sony computers cannot detect Sony TV, which is a pretty recent model TV as well?!

If anybody has any ideas or similar experience please help.
Thank you!
Please use plain text.
PeterT

Re: Vaio VPCL116FX HDMI connection to Bravia KDL-32XBR4

User-963223,

I've posted an answer for this particular issue on another post. The root cause is that you will be require to low display resolution to 1280 x 720. The max resolution that the KDL-32XBR4 can handle is 1366x768. If your VAIO PC is set to a higher resolution for the external display type then the TV will not be able to output a video display.

I cannot connect my Vaio VPCL116FX to my Sony Bravia KDL-32XBR4 LCD HDTV thru HDMI cable. The computer doesn’t detect the TV when I try to connect. I talked to Sony support twice and nobody seems to have a clue what is going on. The HDMI input on the computer is working because I was able to connect external Blu-ray Sony player and see it on the computer. But connecting computer to TV doesn’t seem to work. I cannot believe that one of the latest Sony computers cannot detect Sony TV, which is a pretty recent model TV as well?!

If anybody has any ideas or similar experience please help.
Thank you!

Sony Community Manager
Sr. Software Engineer
Peter Tat
Please use plain text.