Welcome to the Community!

VAIO - Hardware & Networking

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Message 1 of 2 (2,264 Views)
Accepted Solution

Vaio VPCL116FX HDMI connection to Bravia KDL-32XBR4

I cannot connect my Vaio VPCL116FX to my Sony Bravia KDL-32XBR4 LCD HDTV thru HDMI cable. The computer doesn’t detect the TV when I try to connect. I talked to Sony support twice and nobody seems to have a clue what is going on. The HDMI input on the computer is working because I was able to connect external Blu-ray Sony player and see it on the computer. But connecting computer to TV doesn’t seem to work. I cannot believe that one of the latest Sony computers cannot detect Sony TV, which is a pretty recent model TV as well?!

If anybody has any ideas or similar experience please help.
Thank you!
Message 2 of 2 (2,264 Views)

Re: Vaio VPCL116FX HDMI connection to Bravia KDL-32XBR4

User-963223,

I've posted an answer for this particular issue on another post. The root cause is that you will be require to low display resolution to 1280 x 720. The max resolution that the KDL-32XBR4 can handle is 1366x768. If your VAIO PC is set to a higher resolution for the external display type then the TV will not be able to output a video display.

I cannot connect my Vaio VPCL116FX to my Sony Bravia KDL-32XBR4 LCD HDTV thru HDMI cable. The computer doesn’t detect the TV when I try to connect. I talked to Sony support twice and nobody seems to have a clue what is going on. The HDMI input on the computer is working because I was able to connect external Blu-ray Sony player and see it on the computer. But connecting computer to TV doesn’t seem to work. I cannot believe that one of the latest Sony computers cannot detect Sony TV, which is a pretty recent model TV as well?!

If anybody has any ideas or similar experience please help.
Thank you!

Sony Community Manager
Sr. Software Engineer
Peter Tat

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook