Language: English / Spanish

welcome to Sony's community site

Get involved! Whether you are here to ask or give help - we are happy you stopped by and look forward to seeing you in the future! Please watch our Welcome Video to get started.

VAIO - Hardware & Networking

Tuning Up
itzcheese

Vaio keeps shutting down on it's own

I am having an issue with my laptop where it will go to an all black screen almost immediately after I turn it on. It looks as though it is turned off however, I still see the power light on and can hear the fan running inside. If I try to hit a key or move the mouse I get no response and if I try to power down with the power button it will not move.  I have tried to remove the battery from the laptop and restart but it will do the same thing about a few seconds to minutes later. It is also very hot to the touch. I am not sure what to do to resolve this and would appreciate any help. 

Please use plain text.
RichO

Re: Vaio keeps shutting down on it's own

I am sorry to hear about your issue.  Did you change or install any peripherals on your computer?  Do you still see the Sony logo after turning on the computer?  Try to power reset your computer.  Remove the battery and AC adapter from your computer.  Press and continue to hold the power button for 30 seconds.  Re-connect the battery and AC adapter, then press the power button and see if that would make any difference. 

Please Check Power & HDD LED indicators. Tap Num Lock & Caps Lock keys.  Does the Caps/Num Lock LEDs turn on & off ? (these LEDs will work only if POST is successful).  It would also help if you can provide the model name of your VAIO computer. Thank you.

If my post answers your question, please mark it as "Accept as Solution"

Please use plain text.