Language: English / Spanish
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

welcome to Sony's community site

Get involved! Whether you are here to ask or give help - we are happy you stopped by and look forward to seeing you in the future! Please watch our Welcome Video to get started.

VAIO - Hardware & Networking

Groovin'
GreebZ
Accepted Solution

Vaio pcg 71313m network drivers (VPCEH 2F1E)

HD failed, Western Digital, replaced it with the same brand. Installed W7 (64Bit) Ultimate. Than the networkdrivers (including WiFi) couldn't be installed. Tried everything from the Sony driver-site and even talked with someone from Sony-support. Dead end. Now my Vaio is connected trough the internet by a external USB-dongle (which worked inmediately). Can someone help me with this problem?

GreetZ GreebZ

Please use plain text.
MarkPa

Re: Vaio pcg 71313m network drivers (VPCEH 2F1E)

Hi GreebZ,

The best option that may solve the issue would be to get a Recovery discs for your unit. We kindly recommend visiting our Sony Global Web site for information on contacting the Sony Support Center in your region at http://www.sony.net/SonyInfo/Support/.

~Mark

Please use plain text.
Groovin'
GreebZ

Hi Mark,

Yes I read that this is a possibility. But it will cost me €65,- and a driver for any other brand of PC, laptop etc. won't cost me anything. My new HD had cost me enough, isn't there any other solution?

Greetz GreebZ

Please use plain text.
MarkPa

Greebz,

That would be the only option, since this computer's hard drive was replaced the recovery partition is now gone and we don't have other way to have these drivers that are missing. Thank you for your understanding.

~Mark

Please use plain text.
Groovin'
GreebZ

Hello Mark,

Don't thank me for my understanding, because I don't understand. I see that there is no other way but I don't understand why Sony cannot provide me with the proper drivers other than buying a CD. For me Sony doesn't support me in using my Vaio and if my Vaio breaks down I don't know if I will buy another. My friends and family which have other laptops etc. from other brands never have this problem.....

Thanks for the answer anyway, it's clear,

Erwin

Please use plain text.