Language: English / Spanish

welcome to Sony's community site

Get involved! Whether you are here to ask or give help - we are happy you stopped by and look forward to seeing you in the future! Please watch our Welcome Video to get started.

VAIO - Hardware & Networking

Groovin'
noenemy
Accepted Solution

Web cam & microphone not working on windows 7 (VGN-FZ240E)

After I installing Windows 7 instead of Vista for my laptop, I downloaded all drivers for this model from Sony's website but microphone & webcam are not working. I tried again and downloaded  VAIO® Camera Capture Utility & Sony® Visual Communication Camera VGP-VCC8 but they have not solved anything yet.

Don't know what to do anymore! It seems many people have the same problem with this model but none of them were able to solve it :smileysad:

Please use plain text.
MarkPa

Re: Web cam & microphone not working on windows 7 (VGN-FZ240E)

[ Edited ]

Hi noenemy,

Have you tried installing the drivers for Windows 7? The links you have provided says it is for windows vista. Please try to download and install the drivers under Windows 7. You can find them here. Thank You!

~Mark

Please use plain text.
Groovin'
noenemy

[ Edited ]

Sorry but I already have tried drivers for windows 7.

Thank you anyway :smileyhappy:

Oh! By the way, those links are there by mistake!

These are what I downloaded:

http://esupport.sony.com/US/p/swu-download.pl?mdl=VGNFZ240E&upd_id=5079&os_group_id=5

http://esupport.sony.com/US/p/swu-download.pl?mdl=VGNFZ240E&upd_id=5051&os_group_id=5

Please use plain text.
Top 40 Artist
Keiran

Welp, neither work because neither seem to be drivers. Have you tried first install the Vista driver then installing the WebCam Companion® Software? as that seems to be the order it wants you to install them. It's partially due to the funny way Sony categorizes the drivers. If the driver is updated for the operating system then the driver will appear under the correct operating system you are using (Windows 7 driver goes under Windows 7). If the driver wasn't updated for the new OS then it will stay under the old OS. The old drivers usually work with the new operating systems. If you haven't, try the Vista driver and check back with us.

Cheers,
Keiran
#SuperUserbySony
Please use plain text.
Groovin'
noenemy

It worked! Thanks Keiran!
I had tried all four drivers for windows 7 and Vista but when I wanted to do it again, by installing the first driver for windows vista finally the webcam and microphone started working.

Thanks a lot again!
Please use plain text.