Language: English / Spanish
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

welcome to Sony's community site

Get involved! Whether you are here to ask or give help - we are happy you stopped by and look forward to seeing you in the future! Please watch our Welcome Video to get started.

VAIO - Hardware & Networking

New Contributor

Will ONLY buy a VAIO - just bought #6

Though I suspect that this forum is more for Q & A on specific problems, when I see a thread "I Will Never Buy A VAIO Again," I have to share my own experience with VAIOs.

I have used VAIOs continuously since 1999 (the PCG-505G was my first). In fact, every single laptop I have bought in my life has been a SONY VAIO... just over a month ago, I purchased VAIO #6, which is a VAIO S with Blu Ray (in Hot Pink!).

My VAIO "petting zoo" consists of that first VAIO PCG-505G, the VAIO VGN-T250P (10" display vintage 2005 w/ DVD, my favorite), the VAIO P Series (size of a business letter envelope - fits in your suitcoat breast pocket), the VAIO All-In-One Desktop (with 24" touch-screen display - best desktop I have ever had), the VGN-CS320J (hot pink lower-end 14" laptop), and this VAIO S (13.3" - lightest machine with Blu Ray currently on the market, with fabulous battery life, a sheet battery to double it, light at 3.5 lbs, and unibody metal cabinet). Each machine still works.

I have had numerous calls to Sony customer support, all of which have been fully and professionally resolved. A time or two, I unknowingly got third-party support that Sony published a contact for, and though I had to pay for help beyond the first 15 to 30 minutes, the problem was resolved.

As long as Sony makes VAIOs, I will always purchase VAIOs to meet my desktop, laptop, and notebook computing needs.

Re: Will ONLY buy a VAIO - just bought #6

Welcome to the forum - it's great to see that you have been happy with your Sony purchases and many thanks for taking the time and trouble to post your positive experiences.

Thank you for your feedback. Positive feedback like yours reinforce us on how much harder we need to work to continue to receive customers satisfaction. =)
[color=#FFFFFF:9go8vtmk].[/color:9go8vtmk]

Sony Community Manager
Sr. Software Engineer
Peter Tat
Contributor

Greetings,

It is amazing to know that PCG-505G still works! It was one of the hot selling models when I started my computer shop.

Regards,
CakeLessEgg