Language: English / Spanish
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

welcome to Sony's community site

Get involved! Whether you are here to ask or give help - we are happy you stopped by and look forward to seeing you in the future! Please watch our Welcome Video to get started.

VAIO - Hardware & Networking

Tuning Up
LoRen0129
Accepted Solution

Windows 8.1 - AMD Radeon Hybrid (Blocked)

[ Edited ]

Hello.

Today I upgraded my Sony Vaio's operating system from Windows 8 Pro to Windows 8.1 Pro, and after the upgrade, my AMD Radeon HD 7670M graphics card became disabled. When I look in the Device Manager window, the card now displays as AMD Radeon Hybrid (Blocked), and the error message reads "This device is not working properly because Windows cannot load the drivers required for this device. (Code 31) The driver trying to start is not the same as the driver for the POSTed display adapter."

I uninstalled my current version of Catalyst Control Center and attempted to reinstall the latest version, but now when I run Catalyst Install Manager, the driver does not get installed. I also have Intel Graphics 4000 on my machine, and have tried disabling it and even uninstalled the Intel driver at one point, to no avail.

Please help!

Please use plain text.
Groovin'
rkshah

Re: Windows 8.1 - AMD Radeon Hybrid (Blocked)

Same problem..

Please use plain text.
Tuning Up
gofm28

A solution please...

Please use plain text.
Tuning Up
maiiik

Have the same problem. Please an answer!!!!!

Please use plain text.
Groovin'
CarlosVega

I have the same problem. I comment you, I haven't done much but I don't have any problem running games. So far, Far Cry 3, The Walking Dead and my Dolphin emulator all run like anything happened. It bugs me to have that "Blocked" thing but there is not much to do until AMD or Sony give us an update. I went to AMD page but their updates drivers are not compatible with switchable video card from VAIO notebooks. I went to Sony support page and download an update that apparently fix the incompatibly problems of Windows 8.1 but it solve nothing. I tried updating with VAIO Update but it doesn't have anything. Greetings.
Please use plain text.
Groovin'
rkshah

i've found same thing, but games don't run like it used to before 8.1 update. i don't think AMD graphics card is working despite showing blocked.
Please use plain text.
Groovin'
bk1249

Same problem here,  solution please.

Please use plain text.
Tuning Up
wafedo

Same problem.

Please use plain text.
Groovin'
rkshah

Hello all,

I have tried to play some games and i can conclude AMD graphics card is working, but you can not use catalyst control center for it. Try running graphics using programs and see if it is performing well..
If your graphics works then i think we can ignore the device manager, still nothing official solution or something from vaio/windows yet..

Please use plain text.
Tuning Up
PanosI

have been having the same issue. Started as soon as I upgraded to 8.1, video drivers where messed up! trying to solve it my self, strugled thursday, friday, on saturday I seeked help for the chat service sony has. dreadfull experiance, the guys are cluless! they were taking for ever, and it seemed they had no idea what a computer is, i seriously started to dought I was even speaking with a live person. obviously no solution! Then, on the phone for something close to 3 hours, nice guy, geniuenly tried to help out, but was unable.... he escalated my issue so I have to call them now... still he told me that I might need to refresh my system, and I thought it would be a good idea to format, did not have much to transfer anyways, so I ended up doing a refresh.... same exact problem!!! followed every single suggestions the sony reps offered, as they were claming that this might have been caused by not having upgraded to the latest software before upgrading to 8.1, total BS, the issue is definitely on sonys part! and they must release an update soon, it's way to annoying! the amd card is not working one bit at the moment! so people start calling!!! or they won't do a single thing! 

Please use plain text.