Language: English / Spanish
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

welcome to Sony's community site

Get involved! Whether you are here to ask or give help - we are happy you stopped by and look forward to seeing you in the future! Please watch our Welcome Video to get started.

VAIO - Hardware & Networking

RyanC

Re: Windows 8.1 - AMD Radeon Hybrid (Blocked)

Hello everyone,

Please post your VAIO Model numbers when you have an issue that you need assistance with.  We are unable to provide updates or hyperlinks to these updates without this information.  

Most likely this is caused by not having the appropriate Windows 8.1 updates; however if you post your model information we can do a more detailed investigation for you.  

For your convenience, here are the Sony Windows 8.1 upgrade instructions (valid for all models qualified for 8.1).  It is critical that various updates be installed before you upgrade as per step 3 in the instructions.  Failure to do so can result in unexpected results.  The VAIO Update tool should be able to assist in getting the necessary updates loaded.

Please use plain text.
Groovin'
rkshah

[ Edited ]

Model : SVE14A16FN, i have done all updates for windows 8 in windows update and vaio update, then updated it to windows 8.1 and then updated both again, still my AMD Radeon hybrid is blocked and catalyst control center is not starting because it says there are no settings available to configure.

Please use plain text.
RyanC

rkshah,

You have a Sony India Model.  Unfortunately i must ask that you reach out to Sony India for assistance.  This forum is primarily for US/Canada/Pan America support.  Different regions offer different drivers and may have different steps for transitioning to Windows 8.1.  Sorry for any inconvenience.

If anyone in this thread has a US / Canada / Latin America model please post your model number so we can further investigate and assist.

Please use plain text.
Tuning Up
Br7son

My model number is SVE14A27CXH. I'm also having the same problem. 

Please use plain text.
Groovin'
rkshah

[ Edited ]

Well, that's sad, sony india doesn't have proper forum discussion site as far as i know, i would have to call or go to support centers. (and most probably i would have to talk for half an hour just to make them understand my problem) :smileysad:
is there no way you can help me on this problem? since it is not just specific to my laptop, i guess solution for any laptop model with similar dual graphics card should work, shouldn't it?

Please use plain text.
Groovin'
fsvec

Model: SVE14A390X

I am also having this problem. I updated everything with Windows Update and VAIO Update before updating to Windows 8.1. Afterward, I started having issues with my graphics card. I checked out device manager and "AMD Radeon Hybrid (Blocked)" pops up as a problem. I have even tried to reinstall the driver directly from Sony's website, specifically the driver for my model, and I'm unable to because an error message saying that my computer doesn't meet the minimum requirements for installing the software pops up. This is causing games like League of Legends to skip around, have the screen flash once when I login, and have the fan on high not stop after booting up my laptop.

I was also unable to lower the brightness for two days, but an update for Intel(R) HD Graphics 4000 was installed and that fixed the issue.

Please use plain text.
Tuning Up
andreast

Just try to uninstall the installed AMD drivers and reinstall the newest drivers from the sony download page.

You also can try to install 3rd party drivers like leshcats, which work perfectly on my Sony Vaio Z with attached power media dock. You can find the latest stable drivers here: http://leshcatlabs.net/2013/05/01/leshcats-catalyst-13-4-whql-unifl-v2-for-amdintel-powered-laptops/

Hope that helps! Good luck!

Please use plain text.
Tuning Up
chicasvaio

yup same problem here and just resolved it.

Go to sony esupport and download the original driver AMD Radeon HD 7570M / HD 7670M and Intel HD Graphics 4000 A2DVID-00283015-0082.EXE Yes the original one your laptop (in my case) was shipped with (for windows 8).

Thought I covered all my basis before installing the new windows, i did all the Vaio updates first but ran into the same issue as everyone here after windows 8.1 download (for a Vaio Laptop SVE14A390X). Though I could not notice any changes to my graphics, I had the 'blocked' msg for my driver and the fan would stay on a high setting when starting the laptop from sleep mode but not a problem when starting from a complete shutdown. So I tried the latest driver directly from AMD for this card and crashed my screen. Then I tried the Beta version (like someone recommended and worked for them on here) and again crashed. So decided to try the original driver that came with the laptop (originally came with windows 8 pro) and it worked beautifully. No driver issues, no fan problems and did a few graphics test and all seems to work fine.

Please use plain text.
Groovin'
rkshah

Did you install it after upgrading to 8.1?

Please use plain text.
Groovin'
CarlosVega

I don't think that solution will work since we all have already installed Windows 8.1

The blame is not into Sony but Microsoft for not making their program full compatible. Also, Sony don't really have a solution since the problem itself its in the video graphic card. Even HP users are experiencing the same issues.

My suggestion: if you don't really have any problem running games, using your computer, rebooting, etc, besides the words "AMD Radeon Hybrid (Blocked)" text and inability to run Catalyst Control Center, then DON'T do anything. You may make it worse. If not, pray for a solution.

Please use plain text.