Welcome to the Community!

VAIO - Hardware & Networking

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Message 21 of 26 (2,770 Views)

Re: Wireless Switch set to ON but its green light is OFF so WiFi not working

Hi Annie13,

We're sorry for this experience. What is the current operating system of your notebook?

Please reinstall all the Wireless and Wireless LAN drivers from your VPCEC25FD - Drivers and Softwares page. You may also try to uninstall the Marvell wireless driver under network adapter in the Device Manager. Restart the computer to reinstall this driver automatically.

Hope this helps.

~Yuri

Rookie
Message 22 of 26 (2,741 Views)

PCG-7112L
VGN-NR385E

Not sure if it was necessary, but I opened the case and disconnected/reconnected the wireless adapter.  After that, at least the device showed up in device manager (which it hadn't done before).

Then, the wireless switch still looked like it was off (no light and icon was crossed out), but Yuri's suggestion fixed it.

YuriF wrote:
You may also try to uninstall the Marvell wireless driver under network adapter in the Device Manager. Restart the computer to reinstall this driver automatically.

Going to download and install Vaio drivers now so that it doesn't happen again...

Rookie
Message 23 of 26 (1,418 Views)

These links worked perfectly for me today ( it took me about 5 minutes after following the instructions):

https://us.en.kb.sony.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/29956/related/1

https://us.en.kb.sony.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/29955

Rookie
Message 24 of 26 (448 Views)

Hi..
I've the problem where the wireless switch is on but the light is not blinking..
Product name : VAIO VPCEG34FX with windows 10..
Highlighted
Rookie
Message 25 of 26 (447 Views)

Hi..
I've the problem where the wireless switch is on but the light is not blinking.. so it shows that the wireless LAN is turned off and couldn't connect to WiFi..
Product name : VAIO VPCEG34FX with windows 10..
Message 26 of 26 (410 Views)

Hi Sailesh,

Welcome to Sony Community!

We're sorry to hear about the issue. Was it working before while on Window 10 operating system? There is no latest driver that will support your current operating system and this might be the reason why the WIFI stopped working. 

For further assistance regarding your concern, please contact the Sony offices/Sony representative offices nearest to your place of residence in Asia Pacific region http://www.sony-asia.com/countryselector.html?hpid=countryselector:AsiaPacific. Due to proximity, they are in a better position to respond to your questions or concerns.

Regards,
Jen

Answered your question? Glad I could help! Please Click the "Accept as Solution" button below.

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook