Language: English / Spanish
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

welcome to Sony's community site

Get involved! Whether you are here to ask or give help - we are happy you stopped by and look forward to seeing you in the future! Please watch our Welcome Video to get started.

VAIO - Hardware & Networking

Tuning Up
mosier
Accepted Solution

battery #2: not present

How do I correct problem:

Battery #2: not present

Please use plain text.
Top 40 Artist
KimberlyS

Re: battery #2: not present

Hello Mosier,

Welcome to the Sony Comminity forums.

can you please provide a bit more info?

What model Laptop do you have?

What Operating system are you using?

Did you upgrade from the original OS?

Please use plain text.
Tuning Up
Nassau

Was this problem resolved?  I purchased the S Series Battery Sheet a few days ago (my laptop is SVS1511). Same issue: "battery #2 not present".  Software, battery pins, dead battery, thoughts?

Please use plain text.
Top 40 Artist
KimberlyS

Hello Nassau

Welcome to the Sony Forums Community,

Thank you for providing a bit more information, however when asking for technical assistance please provide as much information as you can

Exact model number:

Operating System installed:

if an upgrade OS did it work prior to upgrade?

Based on what you provided, The SVS1511 series has about 16 diffrent model variations however all of them have a variety of Windows 7 installed.

did you upgrade to windows 8?

for this example i will provide the drivers for the SVS15113FXB 

if you still have  windows 7 installed  please reinstall the Hotkey utility here as it includes the battery checker:

http://esupport.sony.com/US/p/swu-download.pl?mdl=SVS15113FXB&upd_id=7628&os_group_id=6

If you do not have a SVS15113FXB 

please enter your model here

http://esupport.sony.com/US/p/select-system.pl?DIRECTOR=DRIVER

and find either the hotkey utility or the notebook control utility depending on the model laptop you have

if you upgraded to windows 8 please  review this upgrade guide here to review the update steps to ensure all drivers were installed properly.

Windows® 8 Upgrade Instructions for VAIO® PCs

please be aware that with the more information provided the  more specific answer we can provide.

Please use plain text.
Tuning Up
enlight

Hello Kimberly

I'm having the same problem with a new sheet battery vgp-bpsc29 which I purchased for my SVS1512GPXB.
It was purchased with Win 8pro.
Can you please help ?

Thanks a lot
Please use plain text.
Groovin'
jgilbert13

I had the same problem.  I don't know if you did this or...

I had the same problem.  I don't know if you did this or if your laptop is similar to mine but when you connect the battery to your laptop there is a tab that you have to remove from the back of your laptop (located where you would charge the sheet).  I did not know that I had to do this becuase my instructions for extended battery sheet did not mention doing this....If this doesn't help, make sure that all of your BIOS are up to date.  I had to do this also for my battery sheet to work.

Please use plain text.