Welcome to the Sony Comminity forums.

can you please provide a bit more info?

What model Laptop do you have?

What Operating system are you using?

Did you upgrade from the original OS?

Rookie
Message 3 of 8 (8,703 Views)

Re: battery #2: not present

Was this problem resolved?  I purchased the S Series Battery Sheet a few days ago (my laptop is SVS1511). Same issue: "battery #2 not present".  Software, battery pins, dead battery, thoughts?

Expert
Message 4 of 8 (8,695 Views)

Hello Nassau

Welcome to the Sony Forums Community,

Thank you for providing a bit more information, however when asking for technical assistance please provide as much information as you can

Exact model number:

Operating System installed:

if an upgrade OS did it work prior to upgrade?

Based on what you provided, The SVS1511 series has about 16 diffrent model variations however all of them have a variety of Windows 7 installed.

did you upgrade to windows 8?

for this example i will provide the drivers for the SVS15113FXB 

if you still have  windows 7 installed  please reinstall the Hotkey utility here as it includes the battery checker:

http://esupport.sony.com/US/p/swu-download.pl?mdl=SVS15113FXB&upd_id=7628&os_group_id=6

If you do not have a SVS15113FXB 

please enter your model here

http://esupport.sony.com/US/p/select-system.pl?DIRECTOR=DRIVER

and find either the hotkey utility or the notebook control utility depending on the model laptop you have

if you upgraded to windows 8 please  review this upgrade guide here to review the update steps to ensure all drivers were installed properly.

Windows® 8 Upgrade Instructions for VAIO® PCs

please be aware that with the more information provided the  more specific answer we can provide.

Rookie
Message 5 of 8 (8,599 Views)

Hello Kimberly

I'm having the same problem with a new sheet battery vgp-bpsc29 which I purchased for my SVS1512GPXB.
It was purchased with Win 8pro.
Can you please help ?

Thanks a lot
Enthusiast
Message 6 of 8 (8,580 Views)

I had the same problem.  I don't know if you did this or...

I had the same problem.  I don't know if you did this or if your laptop is similar to mine but when you connect the battery to your laptop there is a tab that you have to remove from the back of your laptop (located where you would charge the sheet).  I did not know that I had to do this becuase my instructions for extended battery sheet did not mention doing this....If this doesn't help, make sure that all of your BIOS are up to date.  I had to do this also for my battery sheet to work.

Enthusiast
Message 7 of 8 (2,364 Views)

[ Edited ]

Please help me,

My Product name SVD11239CJB  O.S Win 8.1 , My notebook with the following 2 errors:

1. battery #1: 80% remaining

battery #2: not present

2. My notebook cann't upgrade to Win 10. I try to get win 10 but it  update to 67% and stop after that i restore back WIN 8.1.

Could Sony help me solve the problem of my notebook?

Thanks & Best Regards

Message 8 of 8 (2,288 Views)

Hi kingceiling

Thank you for visiting Sony Community! 

Before upgrading the operating system to Windows 10, make sure you have the updated drivers and software for Windows 8.1. Run Windows Update as well. For battery issue, make sure to set the Battery Care Function utility to OFF. 

Your Vaio SVD11239CJB is not being recognized by our system. You appear to be located outside the U.S. as well. 

For further assistance regarding your concern, please contact the Sony offices/Sony representative offices nearest to your place of residence in Asia Pacific region http://www.sony-asia.com/countryselector.html?hpid=countryselector:AsiaPacific. Due to proximity, they are in a better position to respond to your questions or concerns.

Regards,

Vincent 

If my post answers your question, please mark it as "Accept as Solution"

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook