Language: English / Spanish

welcome to Sony's community site

Get involved! Whether you are here to ask or give help - we are happy you stopped by and look forward to seeing you in the future! Please watch our Welcome Video to get started.

VAIO - Hardware & Networking

USER-932661
Accepted Solution

bluetooth peripheral device driver

Hello,

Could anyone help please:
My laptop is VPCSE17FX, the system is Win 7 Enterprise 64-bit, and I can't send siles from Sony Xperia phones to this laptom using BT. Adding new device and pairing are ok, but wheb it comes to installing driver he message says "...not successful" and a yellow exclam. mark appears next to thsi device. When troubleshooting the added device, the message says "...driver could not be found". Still I can send from laptop to phones but not the opposite way round. With other phones (for example Blackberry) it's ok both ways from and to laptop, but with "native" Sony phones (I tried xperia S and Play), only from laptop is working. Phones connect well with each other and other devices.
Re-installed all BT related drivers from this site - didn't help.
The same problem was with the pre-installed Win 7 Home edition.
Tried downloading BT software from broadcom.com but their installer gets stuck when detecting BT device in the laptop (this was proposed in sony phone forum).
Any advice where and how the subject driver could be found?
Many thanks
Please use plain text.
Top 40 Artist
KimberlyS

Re: bluetooth peripheral device driver

Hello,
Welcome to the User Discussion Forums.
We can help if you need assistance with settings on your laptop,
however since you are sending files from the phone, we would recommend visiting our Xperia forums here - ( if this is not the phone forum you previously visited):

The Sony Mobile Support Forum is a place for Sony Xperia Smartphone and Sony ericsson users from around the world to get help and help others. The Sony Xperia Support team from Twitter, Facebook, Youtube and your blogs will be around to help from time to time
http://talk.sonymobile.com/community/support

as for a bluetooth driver, the latest Bluetooth driver for your VPCSE17FX can be found here:
[url=http://esupport.sony.com/US/p/swu-download.pl?mdl=VPCSE17FX&upd_id=7411&os_group_id=6:3klvsisn]ntel® Centrino® Wireless Bluetooth® 3.0 + High Speed Adapter Update[/url:3klvsisn]
Please use plain text.
Tuning Up
Rosnns17

Re: bluetooth peripheral device driver

I have a new sony ericsson mobile <ST18> AT FIRST I CONNECTD TO MY COMPUTER AND THE BLUTOOTH WORKED..AFTER WEKS IT STARED TO SCAN AND FINALY NO BLUTOOTH PERIPHERAL DEVICE FOUND... TRIED SENDIND IMAGES TO MY MOBILE BUT CANT....

CONFUSED......PLS HELP

Please use plain text.