Language: English / Spanish

welcome to Sony's community site

Get involved! Whether you are here to ask or give help - we are happy you stopped by and look forward to seeing you in the future! Please watch our Welcome Video to get started.

VAIO - Hardware & Networking

Tuning Up
manic419
Accepted Solution

how to turn Bluetooth on sony vaio

does anyone know how to turn the bluetooth on on a vaio MODEL VPECH23FX

Please use plain text.
JoelP

Re: how to turn Bluetooth on sony vaio

[ Edited ]

Manic419:

Did you mean a VPCEH23FX?  This model does not include Bluetooth, so unless the unit you have is a different build from another geographic area, I don't think your unit has a Bluetooth transceiver included.  The usual way to turn on Bluetooth on a VAIO unit like this one, which was released in the Fall of 2011, is to locate the VAIO Smart Network application and open it.  Inside, you should see a software switch that allows you to turn Bluetooth off and on, provided that the unit you have is equipped with Bluetooth, but not all models are.  if you don't see Bluetooth inside the VAIO Smart network window, it's not available on your model.

Please use plain text.
Tuning Up
matthosch

I have a Sony Vaio, model # VPCEH32FX, and am also having issues with bluetooth. I replaced the original Atheros internal wifi card with an Intel Centrino 6235 Dual Band Wifi card + Bluetooth 4.0. The wifi works great, but I'm unable to find the bluetooth functionality. I've looked under the Vaio Smart Network application, but all I see is wifi. My OS is Windows 7 64bit, any help would be appreciated.

Please use plain text.
NickT

Hi matthosch,

First of all, this unit did not come with bluetooth.  So therefore does not have the software to turn off and on bluetooth.  But that does not mean it will not work.  Will have to check device manager to make sure the drivers for the bluetooth are installed. If not, then please do so. Then try to connect again.  But remember this unit did not come with bluetooth, so therefore does not have a software to enable/disable bluetooth. 

Nick-

Please use plain text.