Language: English / Spanish

welcome to Sony's community site

Get involved! Whether you are here to ask or give help - we are happy you stopped by and look forward to seeing you in the future! Please watch our Welcome Video to get started.

VAIO - Hardware & Networking

Tuning Up
lauralynn
Accepted Solution

laptop crashes shows blue screen dumping files mentions BIOS, shadowing and caching

Please help my computer (notebook pc) Sony Vaio Intel i5 using Windows 7 many months ago started crashing a blue screen

..........................NONPAGED_AREA

Stop Error screen appeared stating it was dumping files - It states to make sure any new hardware or software has been installed correctly and to ask the manufacturer for any updates if it's a new installation.  If the problem continues to disable or remove the new installation or software.  BIOS memory option such as caching or shadowing, press F8 for Advanced Startup Options and select safe mode.  If you need to use Safe Mode to remove or disable components.  Technical information:  STOP:  0x00000050 (0xFFFFF881 5E9BF1A0, 0x00000000000000, 0xFFF ........  , x0000000000000005).

igdpmd64.sys - Address FFFFF88006783F68 base at FFFFF8800662A ...   4cf338bf

Collecting data for crash dump..

Initializing disk for crash dump..

Beginning dump of physical memory..

Dumping physical memory to disk: 70  -  (this number increases until finished).

Please help, I don't know what has caused it.  Initially I thought something with IE, so I stopped using it and started using Safari this appeared to have corrected it for many months.  As it turns out it may have just been a bandaid solutiion as about 24 hours ago it started again.

Please use plain text.
MarkPa

Re: laptop crashes shows blue screen dumping files mentions BIOS, shadowing and caching

Hi lauralynn,

Thank you for providing us the exact error message.By the way can you also provide us the exact model name of your unit? We'll be happy to check on this error and provide the exact solution for your unit. 

Please use plain text.
Tuning Up
OtabekVaio

Re: laptop crashes shows blue screen dumping files mentions BIOS, shadowing and caching

Hi, 

I have bought Sony Vaio (in 2012) with model: SVE14116FXW, Core i5, 650 GB Hard Drive, recently my laptop started to be Crash Damp (BLUE SCREEN) and I reinstalled windows 7 again with 64 bit, after a week, now, it again started to be blue screen, please guide me to solve th problem

Thank you,

Otabek

Please use plain text.
MarkPa

Hi OtabekViao,

Did you do a clean install or a reset to factory settings?

Please use plain text.