Language: English / Spanish

welcome to Sony's community site

Get involved! Whether you are here to ask or give help - we are happy you stopped by and look forward to seeing you in the future! Please watch our Welcome Video to get started.

VAIO - Hardware & Networking

Groovin'
mehedi
Accepted Solution

svs151290x Vaio Laptop wifi Hardware switch off ?

[ Edited ]

Sony Vaio Product name: SVS151290X

MODEL(specified at bottom of the laptop): SVS151CGL

Problem: Wifi Hardware switch off (as it is saying while trouble shooting) and there is no Hardware switch/button on keyboard.

What i Have Found:

1 No Hardware switch or Keyboard button to turn wifi on/off.

2. Wireless LED is lighiting(Green) all the time.

3. From Bios wifi is enabled

4. I have not found any compatible Smart Network utility so that i can turn my blutooth/wifi on.

5. Win8 (widows+c) => Settings => Chanege Pc Settings => Wireless => Airplane mode is off. But still
wireless device(wifi/blutooth) is disabled and showing off. It's not allowing me to turn wifi on.

Right now i can't connect to any network using Wifi.Your suggestion will be very Helpful.

Regards

Mehedi Hasan

Please use plain text.
RichO

Re: svs151290x Vaio Laptop wifi Hardware switch off ?

Im sorry to hear about the issue on your computer.  Is there any yellow exclamation point error Device Manager Exclaimation Point Error that appears in Device Manager next to "Unknown Device" ? Was it working properly prior to the issue? When was the last time it worked?  You can try to run system restore and see if you can restore back to date when the wireless is still working.

You may also try to reinstall the wireless driver and its update then follow the steps mentioned on How to troubleshoot a Wireless LAN connection issue in Windows 8.

If this post answers your question, please click on "Accept as solution"

Please use plain text.