Welcome to the Community!

VAIO - Hardware & Networking

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Enthusiast
Message 1 of 4 (6,643 Views)
Accepted Solution

tried to connect my vaio laptop to my home theater with a HDMI cable and get great picture on the tv

[ Edited ]

Tried to connect my vaio laptop to my home theater with a HDMI cable to run the windows media player music I get great picture but no sound through the home theater just the laptop itself..how do I get sound through the home theater too??   this is modle # SVE151190X

Message 2 of 4 (6,628 Views)

Re: tried to connect my vaio laptop to my home theater with a HDMI cable and get great picture on th

[ Edited ]

Hi woodsman0692,

To get sound from HDMI, please enable in the sound property.  To do so, press Windows+Q.  That will bring up SEARCH and type in CONTROL PANEL.  Once control panel open up, choose SOUND.  When sound property comes up, right click on AVAMP and left click SET AS DEFAULT(pic below).  That sound enable sound thru hdmi to av receiver system. 

(with hdmi cable plugged in)

avamp1.png

(without hdmi cable plugged in)

speaker1.png

Nick--

Rookie
Message 3 of 4 (816 Views)

Re: tried to connect my vaio laptop to my home theater with a HDMI cable and get great picture on th

Hi,

Can anyone help me in connecting my Sony VAIO laptop to Sony Home Theater using HDMI cable?

I tried the way Mr. Nick suggested, but I couldn't see any option saying HDMI/SONY in Sound settings. 

I am able to see only HeadPhones and Speaker/HP which is a laptop sound driver.

Please help me out of it. I really wanna enjoy my home theater experience using laptop.

Thanks in advance,

Suresh P.

Highlighted
Message 4 of 4 (716 Views)

Hi Surithegr8,

Welcome to Sony Community!

We're sorry to hear that the suggested steps below didn't work. On this site, we are able to provide assistance for customers in North America. For further assistance regarding your concern, please contact the Sony offices/Sony representative offices nearest to your place of residence in Asia Pacific region http://www.sony-asia.com/countryselector.html?hpid=countryselector:AsiaPacific. Due to proximity, they are in a better position to respond to your questions or concerns.

Regards,
Jen

Answered your question? Glad I could help! Please Click the "Accept as Solution" button below.

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook