VAIO - Hardware & Networking

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Enthusiast
Message 21 of 53 (6,729 Views)

Re: vaio duo 11 touch screen problems

Hi all,

Same screen problem.....grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!

Mine happens when plugged in and not plugged in, tablet mode or not and mouse in or not.

I have been a long-time fan of Sony, but this is my first computer from them. Their silence on resolving this issue is extremely disappointing and has left a bad ****** in my mouth.

If it is a simple software issue, why isn't it rolled out with Vaio update?

Enthusiast
Message 22 of 53 (6,726 Views)

Ok, I think I have the solution:

http://www.n-trig.com/files/Sony_Win8.zip

I found this on other pages and have run it and tested for about 10 minutes - all good so far.

I did a bit of research and it appears to fix a number of digitising problems with the Duo.

Good luck.

Rookie
Message 23 of 53 (6,385 Views)

I have the same problem with my Duo 11 and I believe it has existed since new, abut 12 months. As. This is my wife's computer when she threatened to throw it off the balcony it was time to act. I have spent hours of frustration with it until I came across your blogs, thanks. Problem is the mouse flicking to top left corner and closing screens mid use.
Tried unplugging with no success. Just found the touch screen driver and disabled it. Problem stops but of course no touch screen. So proves that it is a touch screen issue. Does anyone have a definitive driver fix for this now before I wast more time on this?
Rookie
Message 24 of 53 (6,341 Views)

Smart fella! I've been wresting with this for days! uninstall driver, download new driver, sysem restore, disable pointing dvices and so on until I fett like throwing the thing out of the window -- but you are absolutely right! Unplug it and the problem goes away. Thanks for the good advice

Enthusiast
Message 25 of 53 (6,129 Views)

I'm yet another person having the same problem, and unplugging my Vaio Duo makes no difference whatsoever to how frequently the issue occurs -- which is about once every ten seconds or so.

I've also tried all the other solutions mentioned here and elsewhere and nothing has had any effect, so I'll be returning my machine unless Sony get back to me with something that works.

Enthusiast
Message 26 of 53 (6,122 Views)

There must be a range of isses that caaue this problem then - software and hardware. Since applying the patch I posted above I have not had any more problems.

Enthusiast
Message 27 of 53 (6,009 Views)

[ Edited ]

Update: I thought I'd tried that n-trig patch before, but I just installed (or maybe reinstalled) it, and now the touch screen problem has finally stopped! I'll update if it comes back, but for now at least I think this is your best bet. If you go to n-trig.com, you can see it's a legit company. I think they make the stylus for the Vaio Duo too.

http://www.n-trig.com/files/Sony_Win8.zip

Enthusiast
Message 28 of 53 (5,987 Views)

Dear friends, I have been following all yours advices wich I appreciate, I installed the patch but the problem persists in my computer, there is a specific procedure to install it? I give execute and follow the procces but the problem is the same...

Tanks a lot and I will appreciate any additional help.

Regards

Rafael

Enthusiast
Message 29 of 53 (5,880 Views)

Hello there,

I´m the one who started this post and after try any kind of solution I dropped my computer at Sony assistance. The issue seems to be gone but after a while it appears again but very occasionally. It occurs when I was in United States when I was charging the computer so I´m thinking about the different frequency (hertz) that we have between my country and USA. When the Sony returned my computer i notice that they installed that n-triger path and change the frequency of my screen. I don´t know if this is correct but since the Sony doesn’t say a word we can try it.

Rookie
Message 30 of 53 (5,186 Views)

Hi

My first portable pc is a sony vaio duo 11, and last night the problems has just begin, with  touchscreen random-clicking..

After read this post my problems ends..Smiley Very Happy

Many thanks 4 all

Kind regards

José Santos

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook