Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Rookie
Message 41 of 53 (1,693 Views)

Re: vaio duo 11 touch screen problems

Sony Vaio Duo 11

SVD1122C5E

Same issue here. Left upper corner. Massive random clicks.

reinstalling Windows is very difficult. And after that, using the device is nearly impossible.
finally, if deactivating of touch is done, I updated the driver and Software.
No Succsess. What helped here was a reducing of the screen-resolution and center it, so that the left area
isn't in use, might that be !? But, that is not a solution.

Here, the problem appears already in the assist screen (BIOS,Recovery,...). That means, it can't be a Windows driver issue.
I think, it is situated in a BIOS-Process, isn't it?

When I use ubuntu as os, the problem exists in the same manner. Too, no Windows-Driver.

Has anyone changed the Display? What does it cost?

Message 42 of 53 (1,667 Views)

Hi RobyToby,

Welcome to Sony Community!

We're sorry to hear about this inconvenience. We kindly recommend visiting our Sony Global Web site for information on contacting the Sony Support Center in your region at http://www.sony.net/SonyInfo/Support/. Due to proximity, they are in a better position to respond to your questions or concerns.

Regards,
Jen

Answered your question? Glad I could help! Please Click the "Accept as Solution" button below.

Enthusiast
Message 43 of 53 (1,648 Views)

Jen

Thank you for responding to the forum. However, it would be great if Sony could point us to the point on the support page that deals directly with the issue people are having. Most people spend hours trying to resolve their issues, and I am sure everyone has tried to navigate the Sony support site to find a solution. Pointing us to the general support site simply isn't helpful, and shows that Sony isn't really interested in helping us to find a solution.

Rookie
Message 44 of 53 (1,449 Views)

I have the same problemwith my Sony Vaio Duo 11.

I had the same problem while I was using Windows 8. At that time I install a driver then it's fixed. Then I upgraded my laptop to windows 10. Upto 3 days a go, which is almost 7-8 months, I had no issue about the touch screen. However 3 days a go the same problem occured again. Pointer continuosly parking at the up left corner of the screen. Even I couldn't write my password to open the windows for minutes. I searched the internet, tried to install recomended drivers but it couldn't help. Then I had to disable the touch screen because I was upto going to a businnes travel and I desperately had to use my laptop. Now I'm trying to re enable the touch screen but  can't.

There are to many user that suffering from this problem. Please advise us;

1. How to re-enable touch screen (it can not be seen in device manager. Even if you open the hidden devices you can see touch scrren however there is no option to enable or re-install the device)

2. How to solve the pointer's up left corner parking problem.

I think we shouldn't go to the Sony Service for this  problem while it is obviously a driver or a software problem in general. Sony should support us by the driver, patch or else. Besides, if it is not, then Sony change our laptops with the new one while it is a cronic problem for too many user.

Enthusiast
Message 45 of 53 (1,423 Views)

Sony, never more!!!!

Enthusiast
Message 46 of 53 (1,419 Views)

Try this drivers for N-trig, saw a lot of posts saying this is the solution for duo 11, i downloaded for fit 11a flip but isnt the same system, gl: http://fixsonycursor.doprado.com.br/
Rookie
Message 47 of 53 (1,398 Views)

I would like to try that if I have enabled touch screen. I couldnt find the way to enable touch screen...
Message 48 of 53 (1,375 Views)

Hi baycuneyt,

Welcome to Sony Community!

We're sorry to hear about this. What is the exact model name of your Vaio laptop? The links below will assist  you on how to troubleshoot the issues that you have on your laptop.

Touchscreen issue:

https://us.en.kb.sony.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/37394/related/1

Touchpad issue:

https://us.en.kb.sony.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/45263

Note: Human Interface Device (touchscreen driver)

For further assistance regarding your concern, please contact the Sony offices/Sony representative offices nearest to your place of residence in Asia Pacific region http://www.sony-asia.com/countryselector.html?hpid=countryselector:AsiaPacific. Due to proximity, they are in a better position to respond to your questions or concerns.

Regards,
Jen

Answered your question? Glad I could help! Please Click the "Accept as Solution" button below.

Rookie
Message 49 of 53 (1,262 Views)

I have endured the same random cursor movement to the upper left of the screen and the clicks and chaos caused for about 6 months now.

I have disabld the touch screen driver in order to regain control of the Sony Vaio.

I have also read through this batch of messages from the understandably very frustrated community and followed many of the checks and tests, software downloads, etc.

The only thing that has worked is to disable the touch sreen.

It is most unfortunate that the Sony US site will not show the model number of my computer, as it was purchased in Australia and when I attempt to get the drivers from the US site, it tells me to go the the Asia site, which has no drivers on it.

Sony - you need to help your loyal supporters here!

Please Sony, place a link to the correct drivers for ALL versions of the Sony Vaio laptop on this page, or, ensure that every Sony Support location has the drivers on it.

I trust that Sony will respond for the international group.

Thanks,

Ken

Rookie
Message 50 of 53 (1,259 Views)

I have tried the Asia area phone support, nice folks, but could only recommend a complete system restore. Did not have any knowledge of (or did not admit to having any knowledge of) the touch screen issue. And, still no ability to access the touch screen drivers for the SVD11216PG on the Asia support page (as otherwise indicated above.)

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook