Welcome to the Community!

VAIO - Software & Other Operating Systems

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
New Contributor
Message 1 of 4 (1,430 Views)

Battery Checker??

I own a VPCYB14KX and I feel its battery is performing poorly, at least very worse than it did two months ago (the notebook was kept unplugged and untouched for 40 days).

I checked Sony's website for info on this and found this tool:
http://esupport.sony.com/US/perl/swu-do ... 4&os_id=44

It says it includes 4 apps, one of which is called Battery Checker and I think it might help me. So I download and install everything.

But, where is Battery Checker? Nowhere to be seen. I open VAIO Control Center and there is absolutely no battery info and no battery tools whatsoever.

Can anyone help?
New Contributor
Message 2 of 4 (1,430 Views)

Re: Battery Checker??

Anyone???
Highlighted
Enthusiast
Message 3 of 4 (1,159 Views)

[ Edited ]

Hi, I am facing the same issue on my VPCYB15AG. It has retail Windows 7 installed. Original was Win 7 Starter OEM.

I have installed, reinstalled Vaio BAttery Checker utility again after downloading from Sony website. Still there is no sign of Battery Checker under Vaio Control Center.

Am I missing something here?As per the instructions online, I even installed all apps as per the order mentioned on Sony site.

Here's a screenshot.

ControlCenter

Message 4 of 4 (1,116 Views)

Hi mmp_2013

Thank you for considering Sony Community! 

Since you are using a retail version, there is a possibility that some application won't work well with your Vaio. You may try to reinstall Vaio Contro Center, then Vaio Battery Checker. Kindly check and make sure these drivers are installed/updated: Sony® Firmware Extension Parser Device Driver, Sony® Shared Library, Hotkey Utilities. Go to Support site of Sony based on your location or from where you purchased your laptop.  

Another steps that you can try check if ISB Utility is enabled. Go to Start Screen and search "msconfig" -> go to Startup tab -> ISB Utility. (Just in case you'll get an error message regarding battery, you may disable ISB utility). 

You Vaio VPCYB15AG is not a U.S. model and we do not have the drivers and software. 

For further assistance regarding your concern, please contact the Sony offices/Sony representative offices nearest to your place of residence in Asia Pacific region http://www.sony-asia.com/countryselector.html?hpid=countryselector:AsiaPacific. Due to proximity, they are in a better position to respond to your questions or concerns.

Hope these help. 

Thanks,

Vincent 

If my post answers your question, please mark it as "Accept as Solution"

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook