Welcome to the Community!

VAIO - Software & Other Operating Systems

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Rookie
Message 1 of 8 (2,708 Views)

Center Stage

I keep getting a popup saying that Center Stage won't start.  What is Center Stage?  How do I get rid of it?

Enthusiast
Message 2 of 8 (2,699 Views)

Re: Center Stage

Message 3 of 8 (2,677 Views)

tceicher,

Could be a software from apple or a software to purchase tickets.

Anyways... since you are receiving the pop-up error it is most likely you uninstall the software however the registry key is still present and wants to launch it on every boot.

This is what you can do assuming you have Windows 7.

1) Click on Start
2) Click on Run
3) Type "Msconfig"
4) Click on the Startup tab
5) Scroll down and locate Center Stage and uncheck it
6) Click apply
7) Choose don't show me and restart

Windows 8

Steps are similar except you need to launch Task Manager instead of MSCONFIG.

Sony Community Manager
Sr. Software Engineer
Peter Tat
Enthusiast
Message 4 of 8 (808 Views)

None of this works. I can't even find "Center Stage" on my hard drive. Also, the ****** Windows Installer window keeps popping up, and then the Media player window and won't go away until I cancel it about five to ten times. I'm gettng VERY #$#$!!!!! ticked over this. You'd think Microsoft would have a way to fix their ******.  Also, on my Sony Vaio, the SD card reader doesn't work.

Message 5 of 8 (768 Views)

Hi, Wolfmanjack1978

Welcome to Sony Community! 

Center Stage is most likely a software from Apple. If you installed Apple software like iTunes before, Center Stage might be installed as well. There are applications that need another software to run properly. May we have the exact model name and current operating system of your unit? 

You mentioned you tried the previous suggestions but did you find Center Stage under Startup tab (PeterT's suggestion)? Software under Startup tab usually won't give us the exact name. You might see CStage, CntrStg, CenterStg or something similar. You may check that again. If the issue is still unresolved, you may contact Apple for further assistance. 

With regard to your other concern, make sure the unit is up-to-date by running Vaio Update and Windows Update. 

Regards,

Vincent 

If my post answers your question, please mark it as "Accept as Solution"

Enthusiast
Message 6 of 8 (757 Views)

I have never installed any Apple software on this laptop. 

Enthusiast
Message 7 of 8 (755 Views)

And no....This program does NOT show up in Start up at all. I can't even FIND it on my hard drive. 

Message 8 of 8 (691 Views)

Hi Wolfmanjack1978,

We're sorry to hear this. Try the links below to get rid of the pop-ups on your computer. 

For the Media Player issue:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_vista-pictures/windows-media-player-keeps-...

For the Windows Installer:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-performance/windows-installer-preparing-...

We also suggest contacting Microsoft Technical Support for additional help. 

Regards, 

Jen

Answered your question? Glad I could help! Please Click the "Accept as Solution" button below.

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook