Welcome to the Community!

VAIO - Software & Other Operating Systems

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Enthusiast
Message 21 of 26 (685 Views)

Re: Disable touchpad with mouse connected

I/'m working on a VAIO VCPEA24FM and need a solution, too. I don't have VAIO Control Center due reinstall of Windows 7 after a HDD failure. I downloaded the driver mentioned, but don't see where settings are.

Rookie
Message 22 of 26 (662 Views)

[ Edited ]

It isn't there.  It doesn't exist on our computers.  Sony doesn't care because they're out of the computer business now.

Go to this website and download the free touchpad blocker:

htt p:/*****-bl***er.com/

It solves 98 percent of the problem.  I've been using it for about two years, safe and effective.

Enthusiast
Message 23 of 26 (655 Views)

Thank you for this, however, it is not quite the solution I need.  If one wants to use the touchpad, but you just need it to be less responsive, then this might be just the ticket.  But I want to use a mouse all the time, not the touchpad at all.  All the best....

Message 24 of 26 (603 Views)

Hi, Miztrniceguy

Welcome to Sony Community! 

We're sorry to hear this issue. How did you reinstall Windows 7 on your VPCEA24FM? Did you use a recovery disc to reinstall it? Have you tried running Vaio Update and Windows Update? 

Regards,

Vincent 

If my post answers your question, please mark it as "Accept as Solution"

Enthusiast
Message 25 of 26 (591 Views)

Hi Vincent,

This may be a solution for Miztrniceguy, but not for me.  I am running windows 10, not windows 7 and it is completely up-to-date.  Vaio update does not work.

Thanks anyway.

Fitzgilbert

Enthusiast
Message 26 of 26 (589 Views)

I didn't have a recovery disc. Not my laptop.  Recovery was not possible.  Believe me, I spent many hours with Macrium Reflect  attempting. I had to do a fresh install from a retail boxed version of 7 Pro that Microsoft gave me based on the Windows Key that was previously installed.  I did all the Windows updates . There's no VAIO software installed. 

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook