Welcome to the Community!

VAIO - Software & Other Operating Systems

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted
Enthusiast
Message 1 of 1 (905 Views)

Driver issues with clean installation of Windows 8.1 and 10, possibly need Windows 8 OEM iso?

[ Edited ]

Hi guys,

I am currently using a Sony Vaio E series, model SVE14A27CXH. Originally, the laptop came with Windows 8. I updated it to Windows 8.1 and everything worked fine. Recently, I updated to a clean version of Windows 10, without reading the careful instructions of using the Vaio Update and such. Basically, the AMD display adapter was not being recognized and showed up as "Microsoft Basic Display Adapter" but the Intel Graphics HD 4000 showed up fine. Anyways, I tried a bunch of stuff to get the fan to stop running at full power and get the AMD graphics to work, including reinstalling the OS and downloading tons of drivers from the Sony Support page here, but it didn't work. I even tried uninstalling drivers and reinstalling modded ones here and came up with some issues.

After encountering a ton of driver issues with the Intel/AMD switchable graphics drivers, I decided to revert back to the Windows 8.1. I did a clean install of Windows 8.1, however, another problem came up that because I wasn't able to get the Vaio Control Center. Other issues came up due to not using Vaio Updates which is necessary for updating Windows 8 to 8.1. I first tried this solution to try to get Vaio Control Center set up, but got an error saying it was "already installed" or it crashing.

After spending two full days trying to get these driver issues fixed and such, I am getting tired of dealing with these issues. I had great experiences with my laptop so far, but everything turned upside down ever since I messed up on updating the OS. I'm looking at buying another computer at this point due to frustration, but I still want this machine to work.

At this point, however, I am looking for a Windows 8 OEM iso to get back to the starting point. If there are any solutions/step-by-step tutorials for driver updates on clean installs of Windows 8.1/10 for my Sony computer is available, I'd be happy to hear them too.

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook