Language: English / Spanish

welcome to Sony's community site

Get involved! Whether you are here to ask or give help - we are happy you stopped by and look forward to seeing you in the future! Please watch our Welcome Video to get started.

VAIO - Software & Other Operating Systems

USER-905148

HDMI Output

I own a VGN - FZ470E. I have a valid, working HDMI output with seemingly updated drivers.

I have been satisfied with the performance of the Blu-Ray player. I can, through an HDMI cable send a signal to my screen and watch a movie in High Definition, until recently.

Recently on newer Blu-Ray discs, the machine does read the disc, and I can(through the panel) hear the previews, and the splash, and menu pages, but that is where it stops. When the movie begins the sound ends. The sound DOES work when I am watching exclusively on the computer itself. DVDs and older Blu-Ray discs still work properly when going through the panel.

I have downloaded the updates for WinDVD (both the January and May updates)from the Sony site. I have read about similar problems on both this site and other sites, and found that NONE of the solutions presented (that I have seen) work. If anyone from Sony decides to help with this, please do not blame the manufacturer of the panel. As I have indicated, older discs still work well. The manufacturers of the discs have evidently changed something, so it would be greatly appreciated if Sony could adapt accordingly.

If you need other details I am happy to provide them.
Please use plain text.
MatthewB

Re: HDMI Output

Thank you for your post. I have passed your comments on to Sony Engineering who are in contact with Corel with a view to an update to the WinDVD BD software.
Please use plain text.
USER-917550

Blu Ray DVD/CD player on Laptop

I have a VGN-AR710E/B Sony VAIO laptop which came with the software to play the BluRay movies. After a year or so stop playing the Blu Ray. Went to the Sony home site to see if I can get this problem fixed with possibly downloading a software to remdy this problem. There is no software on the Sony Home Download for this Blu Ray system. I was referred to the Corel to get the problem fixed. Once went to the Corel website, they want me to purchase their software to fix the problem. Now what kind of business is Sony running? If the company purchased the Corel software and put it in the Sony computer, then the Sony company should fix the problem and not just refer to where I can get the software to fix the Sony system for the Sony computer I bought. I am not sure if I want to buy the Sony products again, ever.
Please use plain text.
MatthewB

Re: HDMI Output

I'm sorry to see that you are having issues with playback of Blu-ray discs on your notebook. Can you please confirm the model you are using as the VGN-AR710E/B model is not listed in our records as having a Blu-ray player? It is listed as having just a DVD/CD drive - hence there not being any Blu-ray software on the Sony Support site. Sony Phone or Chat support can assist you in checking this:

http://esupport.sony.com/US/perl/suppor ... VGNAR710EB
Please use plain text.