Language: English / Spanish
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

welcome to Sony's community site

Get involved! Whether you are here to ask or give help - we are happy you stopped by and look forward to seeing you in the future! Please watch our Welcome Video to get started.

VAIO - Software & Other Operating Systems

Tuning Up
ecuizon001
Accepted Solution

How do I uninstall Windows 7 from a Sony Vaio (older model) laptop & reinstall Windows Vista

Hi. I'm trying to figure out how to uninstall Windows 7 from a Sony Vaio laptop and then reinstall Windows Vista which was originaly downloaded. I have no media to work with and am trying to figure this all out wihtout coming out of pocket. I was told by Microsoft Support to work with Sony directly to figure out my options via the Recovery Partition. Hoping that someone out there might be able to shed some light on this hot little mess of mine :-/

Please use plain text.
trung

Re: How do I uninstall Windows 7 from a Sony Vaio (older model) laptop & reinstall Windows Vist

ecuizon001,

If the recovery partition is still intact you can envoke it with F10 or the Assist button.  If it's no longer there then you'll need the recovery media discs (can be order through Sony Parts @ 800-488-7669 for US models) to restore it back to factory default.

Please use plain text.