Language: English / Spanish
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

welcome to Sony's community site

Get involved! Whether you are here to ask or give help - we are happy you stopped by and look forward to seeing you in the future! Please watch our Welcome Video to get started.

VAIO - Software & Other Operating Systems

Groovin'
Chandrasekhar
Accepted Solution

I forgot sony vaio laptop bios password

Dear sir I am using sony vaio E Sries laptop. I forgot the BIOS password. How can reset the password for BIOS.

Please use plain text.
RyanC

Re: I forgot sony vaio laptop bios password

Hello Chandrasekhar,

Due to security reasons we cannot perform a BIOS password unlock over the forum community.

Please call 888-476-6972 to set up a request to have the BIOS password unlocked.  You will be required to provide a proof of purchase to denote ownership of the unit.

Please use plain text.
Emerging Star
JeromeJones

It is simple to reset windows password with a right tool.

Take a look at this video for how to reset windows 7 password and this tool is also helpful for windows xp/vista/8.

Please use plain text.
Tuning Up
croovy

I have donated a laptop sony vaio VGN-NR240E and has a password in the BIOS, I would like to help me
Please use plain text.
Top 40 Artist
n505vx

The easiest way to fix this is to remove the CMOS battery for a few seconds and put it back in. This will reset BIOS and effectively remove the BIOS password.

If you're lucky, the CMOS battery is accessible from the user accessible panel underneath the computer or under the keyboard. Otherwise, you'll have to open it up to get to the CMOS battery.

Please use plain text.
MarkPa

Hi croovy,

As per RyanC's comment, Due to security reasons, Please contact our tech support @ 888-476-6972 to set-up a request to have the BIOS password unlocked. Thank you!

Please use plain text.
Tuning Up
croovy

my problem is that i live in nicaragua and don't speak english, I write now in english whit google translator help
Please use plain text.
Tuning Up
ifccsm

leave the battery overnight still dont work
Please use plain text.
Groovin'
Popy91

Hey, I just found a good post on how to solve the bios password forgotten problem in this form. You can check it out here:

http://community.sony.com/t5/VAIO-Software-Other-Operating/Top-5-Methods-to-Reset-an-Unknown-or-Forg...

Please use plain text.