Language: English / Spanish
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

welcome to Sony's community site

Get involved! Whether you are here to ask or give help - we are happy you stopped by and look forward to seeing you in the future! Please watch our Welcome Video to get started.

VAIO - Software & Other Operating Systems

Groovin'
USER-968533
Accepted Solution

IAStorIcon stopped working - What Can I do NOW?

Hi,

Suddenly an hour ago, I saw a message that "IAStorIcon stopped working". After that, the page title of the browsers, desktop fonts, fonts of my every drivers seem to be italic and skinny. Some of my softwares have also stopped working as a result of IAStorIcon. How can I FIX it? Can you please tell me.

Sony Vaio Laptop

Model: VPCEH32FX/B

OP: Windows 7, 64 bit

Screenshot:-

iastoricon.jpg

I am eagerly waiting for a solution.

Please use plain text.
MarkCr

Re: IAStorIcon stopped working - What Can I do NOW?

Hi USER-968533! 

You can try this link here for additional troubleshooting options. Hope that takes care of the issue.

Good Luck! - Mark

Please use plain text.
Groovin'
USER-968533

I have tried both methods, but nothing seem to be working :smileysad:

Please use plain text.
Top 40 Artist
TimSu

Hi USER-968533!

Please run Hardware Diagnostics through VAIO Care, just to make sure you don't have a Drive problem. If you encounter any errors then it means that the HDD is already failing and in need of service. You may refer to this page to start the repair process.

-Tim

Please use plain text.
Groovin'
USER-968533

Hi,

I have googled a lot about the issue and found almost the same solution that everyone is talking about. They suggested to download  Intel® Rapid Storage Technology and install it. This will fix IAStorIcon issue. Then, I have installed it and from now I don't get the mesage "IAStorIcon has stopped working". It seems OK, but actually NOT, because my every problem still remains the same.

As now you have said to run Hardware Diagnostics through VAIO Care, I tried to do it, but failed because it says "NOT Supported for RAID Drivers"

I just don't know, what should I do? I am becoming crazy everytime, every second :smileylol:

Please use plain text.
Top 40 Artist
TimSu

Hi USER-968533!

You may refer to this page to do a scannow process to rule out a possible hardware failure. You can also try doing a full system scan with your anti-virus to rule out possible malware issue.

-Tim

Please use plain text.
Groovin'
USER-968533

I have performed  "sfc scan" almost 10 times, it didn't find anything. Just scanned my whole system with Avast PRO Antivirus 2013. Though, I don't get the message of "IAStorIcon stopped working" at the start-up, but all of the problem of IAStorIcon still remains the same.

Can you please suggest which software may cause the issue? Also mention the download link for the soft. I have found almost everyone saying that the problem is causing by Intel Software. I don't know which Intel softwares

Please use plain text.
RichO

Hi USER-968533. I really can't say for sure if this has something to do with the Intel Software, but have you tried running a system restore back to a point when it was still working properly? You can follow the steps from this article and see if that helps.

If my post answers your question, please mark it as "Accept as Solution"

Please use plain text.
Groovin'
USER-968533

I have performed a "System Restore", but failed to fix the problem because of the below problem.

My problem has been started on 21st October at 2 AM, and I can restore my system to 21st October 10PM :smileysad:

Is there any other way, where I can choose an earlier date( like 17-19th October), for performing "System Restore"? If there is a way, then I can easily fix my problem.

Please use plain text.
Groovin'
USER-968533

help please.

Please use plain text.