Language: English / Spanish

welcome to Sony's community site

Get involved! Whether you are here to ask or give help - we are happy you stopped by and look forward to seeing you in the future! Please watch our Welcome Video to get started.

VAIO - Software & Other Operating Systems

mns Emerging Star
Emerging Star
mns
Accepted Solution

INSTALLED Windows 8.1 before bios update

INSTALLED Windows 8.1 before bios update on vaio pro 13 i7.

should i update my bios now or wait for another update

Please use plain text.
Groovin'
rkunaparaju

Re: INSTALLED Windows 8.1 before bios update

Same here. Was asked to recover to win8 and do the updates to bio. Thats ridiculous. Sony should have sent some email or something.

Please use plain text.
Tuning Up
Joshxj3

Same thing happened to me. I've even tried to recover, but apparently I can only recover to 8.1. Sony SHOULD have sent an email. How should I have known this would happen?

Please use plain text.
Top 40 Artist
TimSu

Hi Joshxj3!

What seems to be the issue that you are currently experiencing now? Can you exactly describe what is happening to your computer?

-Tim

Please use plain text.
Emerging Star
Mikezz

I just bought a Vaio Tap 11. Didn't know anything about bios update only after win8.1 upgraded. Now have problems with screen brightness unchangable, detached keyboard cuts off, etc.
Esupport driver page said "bios must update before win8.1 upgrade", can I still update bios now with win8.1? Help! Should have bought Dell may be...
Please use plain text.
MarkPa

Hi Mikezz,

We advised all our vaio users to follows this procedure before updating to Windows 8.1 to avoid having issues. If you have upgraded to windows 8.1 it is not possible to update the BIOS but  we can try to reset the computer back to Windows 8. After the reset please follow the recommended process for upgrading to Windows 8.1. Hope everything works out.Thank you!

~Mark

Please use plain text.
Emerging Star
Mikezz

One complication. After I upgrade to Win 8.1, I've deleted permenantly the all Win 8 files for freeing up space on the SSD. Please advice.

Please use plain text.
MarkPa

Mikezz,

In this case you will be needing the recovery disks for your computer. You may contact our Parts and Accesories to get one.

~Mark

If my post answers your question, please mark it as "Accept as Solution"

Please use plain text.
Emerging Star
Mikezz

If the keyboard freezes after holding on a key (e.g. ctrl, arrow to scroll passages in Word), is it a keyboard defect or bios update can fix it?

Please use plain text.
MarkPa

Mikezz,

Can you provide us the exact model name of your computer for us to determine the correct drivers that may solve the issue. You can also try these troubleshooting steps determine if this is a hardware or a software issue. Please keep us posted. Thank you!

Please use plain text.