Language: English / Spanish

welcome to Sony's community site

Get involved! Whether you are here to ask or give help - we are happy you stopped by and look forward to seeing you in the future! Please watch our Welcome Video to get started.

VAIO - Software & Other Operating Systems

Tuning Up
yadernye
Accepted Solution

Intel® HD Graphics Update v8.15.10.2827

After installing Intel® HD Graphics Update v8.15.10.2827, my Dell LCD monitor will no longer display in 1920x1280 resolution. How can I get it to do so again?

Please use plain text.
Top 40 Artist
hagglund

Re: Intel® HD Graphics Update v8.15.10.2827

If the earlier driver worked fine and the new one is giving you trouble, the easiest thing to do is roll back to the earlier version.  If you want to keep the current new driver, check to see if Intel graphics has a little control program on your machine and try resetting the resolution there.  If the desired resolution is grayed-out or missing, I'd go back to the earlier version of the driver where you can get the resolution you want.

Please use plain text.
Tuning Up
yadernye

Hagglund, thank you for the reply. I tried to roll back the driver but the selection is grayed out. I also tried reinstalling the previous version but it will not overwrite the updated version. I have tried to rollback the system to an earlier restore point multiple times, but I keep getting error messages indicating that the restore points are becoming damaged during the restore process.

I have run out of ideas.

Please use plain text.
Tuning Up
yadernye

The Intel Graphics control does have an advanced option to manually change the resolution settings, but when selected, it flashes an ominous warning stating that any changes may result in damage to the chipset and Intel cannot be held responsible. WTF?

Please use plain text.
Top 40 Artist
hagglund

OK, if the driver won't easily roll back: download the older working driver from the Sony support site to someplace you can easily find it (your desktop or downloads folder would be fine). Don't run the program yet.  First go to Device Manager and uninstall the unwanted newer driver by highlighting the specific device (you probably have to click the "display devices" folder to see the exact Intel adapter underneath). Go up to the Action tab at the top of Device Manager, find "uninstall" and click that.  The Intel device should then disappear from your Device Manager list.  Now close Device Manager and double-click the older working driver you just downloaded to your desktop from Sony.  That should reinstall the older driver.  Now restart the computer, go to Device Manager and double-check the driver number and release date, to make sure things worked out correctly.

Please use plain text.