Language: English / Spanish

welcome to Sony's community site

Get involved! Whether you are here to ask or give help - we are happy you stopped by and look forward to seeing you in the future! Please watch our Welcome Video to get started.

VAIO - Software & Other Operating Systems

Tuning Up
lmhicks

Internet Explorer keeps shutting down

i have a VPCF112FX.  Internet explorer keeps shutting down.  I need to install Flash (which I did 6 times using FireFox) via IE so that it will work with ARticulate. 

Articulate error message: component Flash11f.ocx or one of it dependencies not correctly registered:a file is missing or invalid.

Error message: Macromedia Flash ActiveX control is not compatible with your windows 7

If I can get IE to run I may be able to reload Flash (again) as well as Articulate.

thanks

Please use plain text.
PeterT

Re: Internet Explorer keeps shutting down

[ Edited ]

Lmhicks,

Try the following and then update adobe flash while IE is open.

1. Open Internet Explorer.

2. Click the Tools menu, and then click Internet Options.

3. On the Security tab, click the Custom level button.

4. Scroll down the Security Settings list until you see ActiveX controls and plug-ins.

5. For Automatic prompting for ActiveX controls, click Enable.

6. Scroll down to Download signed ActiveX controls and click Enable or Prompt.

7. Scroll down to Run ActiveX controls and plug-ins and click Enable or Prompt.

8. Scroll down to Script ActiveX controls marked safe for scripting and click Enable or Prompt.

9. Click OK, and then click OK again.

If IE does not stay up long enough then boot into safe mode by launching VAIO Care, click advance, recovery and then select safe mode.

Once in safe mode then perform the above steps in IE, restart the PC and launch IE and attempt to update adobe.

Sony Community Manager
Sr. Software Engineer
Peter Tat
Please use plain text.