Welcome to the Community!

VAIO - Software & Other Operating Systems

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Enthusiast
Message 1 of 8 (923 Views)

Mouse keeps jumping to the right

I have  a Sony Vaio SVT21217CXB.  The mouse keeps jumping to the top right side of the screen and trys to close all my windows. This occurs no matter what browser (IE, Firefox, Chrome) or program (Word, etc) that I use.  I have put fresh batteries in the mosue and even change the mouse for another, same issues.  I have run virus scans, verified the latest drivers are installed. I don't have a touchpad on my system, so I can't balme that.  Has anyone elese had this problem?  Anyone have any suggestions to correct this?   Thanks.

Message 2 of 8 (865 Views)

Re: Mouse keeps jumping to the right

Hi, mMchariko

Welcome to Sony Community! 

What is the current operating system of your Sony VAIO computer? Are you using the supplied wireless mouse? For troubleshooting steps, please visit this link: http://docs.esupport.sony.com/pc/SVT2121_series/en/contents/TP0000225739.html

Regards,

Vincent 

If my post answers your question, please mark it as "Accept as Solution"

Enthusiast
Message 3 of 8 (861 Views)

Hi Vincent,

Thanks for replying.  I'm running Windows 10.  Yes, this happens with the VAIO supplied mouse and two other wirleless ones (Microsoft and a Logitech) that I have tried. 

Anything you could suggest for me to try I would really appreaciate it.

Mike

Message 4 of 8 (783 Views)

Hi, Mchariko

Were you able to use the unit before without this issue? When was that? How did you upgrade the OS to Windows 10? Follow the guidelines here to further isolate the issue: https://us.en.kb.sony.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/33775

Regards,

Vincent 

Enthusiast
Message 5 of 8 (756 Views)

Vincent,

I have been using my system for many years without having this problem.  The problem with the mouse jumping around started just a month or two ago.  I up graded from to Windows 10 when it first came out years ago through Microsoft's update. 

I went through the link you provided and followed every step very carefully, including resetting my BIOS defaults.  Unfortunately this did not work. 

Any other suggestions ?

Mike

Message 6 of 8 (696 Views)

Hi Mchariko,

Thank you for the update.

We're sad to hear that our attempt to fix the unit didn't resolve the issue of your mouse. We strongly suggest that to replace the external mouse.

Regards,

Jen

Answered your question? Glad I could help! Please Click the "Accept as Solution" button below.

Enthusiast
Message 7 of 8 (689 Views)

JenF,

I have.  This problem continus no matter what mouse is used.  I have tried with a Microsoft and a Logitiech mosue and have the same issue as previously descibed.  I don't thing the problem lis in the mouse but I can't seem to find a solution to this issue.

Message 8 of 8 (582 Views)

Hi, mchariko

Have you tried restoring the system to an earlier time using System Restore feature? You may also take note of the correct usage of the wireless mouse. Here is the link for that: http://docs.esupport.sony.com/pc/SVT2121_series/en/contents/TP0000225703.html

Regards,

Vincent 

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook