Welcome to the Community!

VAIO - Software & Other Operating Systems

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
New Contributor
Message 1 of 3 (825 Views)

Mouse pad + external mouse = Error Ctrl allways active

I use wireless mouse for my Sony Vaio. Some time if I turn off Mouse Pad of laptop, some error occurs and it seems like Ctrl button is always pushed. Any click is now Ctrl+Click. Its is very annoying. Enable back mouse button does not help. Only Windows restart helps. I have 3 of this laptops all of them have same problem. Sony please do something, I really love this laptop !

Thank you !
Expert
Message 2 of 3 (825 Views)

Re: Mouse pad + external mouse = Error Ctrl allways active

Hello,
Thank you for your post.
If you Disable your Touchpad the keyboard acts as if the control button is stuck ? what model do you have? what operating system is installed? which updates have you installed for notebook utilities?

If you are not sure of the model of your laptop please review this guide here: http://esupport.sony.com/US/p/support-i ... 4#notebook

If you have the latest updates installed and still the key acts as if stuck, does the same happen with a different USB mouse? do other USB devices work fine? since the same thing is happening on 3 different laptops it may be an issue with that mouse. we would need more information to proceed.
Rookie
Message 3 of 3 (819 Views)

Re: Mouse pad + external mouse = Error Ctrl allways active

I have the exact same problem. 

My first VAIO was returned after 4 tries at correcting the error with no luck.

This next VAIO has exactly the same problem.

I have been trying to get SONY to take the problem seriously - but so far with no luck.

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook