Skip to the end of navigation

Welcome to the Community!

VAIO - Software & Other Operating Systems

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Rookie
Message 141 of 157 (1,217 Views)

Re: My sony vaio laptop does not recognize the cd/dvd drive. It did a month ago, but not now. Any he

Hi I tried those two thing you said to and I am still having the same problem.

Model number (PRODUCT NAME): SVE14A16FGH

Rookie
Message 142 of 157 (1,215 Views)

Re: My sony vaio laptop does not recognize the cd/dvd drive. It did a month ago, but not now. Any he

I am still trying a few other things like uninstalling the disk drive being hitachi....... Still the same problem. please help

Expert
Message 143 of 157 (1,192 Views)

The question is, how are you going to uninstall a driver that is not recognized?
Make sure the CD / DVD drive is not burned. You will have to open the notebook to remove the unit. I advise you to take assistance if you do not have hardware knowledge.

Att
Rookie
Message 144 of 157 (1,181 Views)

Hi,

Thank you for your reply. The driver is recognized and states that it is working properly. I had no problem unnstalling the driver and having an auto reinstall when the system is rebooted. I am not sure what you mean by that last post.

I have been thinking about reasons this situation could happen. I am not one to just discard a piece of hardware just because there is an issue such as this. First of all I was thinking about how I had not used my DVD ROM for about 6 months and I saw that others had the same issue after a long period of not using it. Perhaps some of the mechanisim that allow the laser to move and read a disk have been clogged up with dust or something like that. I am going to try to fix this later today and will post my results here.

Message 145 of 157 (1,020 Views)

Re: My sony vaio laptop does not recognize the cd/dvd drive. It did a month ago, but not now. Any help?

Hi Premks,

Welcome to Sony Community!

If the issue still exist after the attempt to troubleshoot the laptop then we suggest that you reformat the unit back to factory default. Most of the time this process resolve the issue, if not then repair is needed. 

For further assistance regarding your concern, please contact the Sony offices/Sony representative offices nearest to your place of residence in Asia Pacific region http://www.sony-asia.com/countryselector.html?hpid=countryselector:AsiaPacific. Due to proximity, they are in a better position to respond to your questions or concerns.

Regards,
Jen

Answered your question? Glad I could help! Please Click the "Accept as Solution" button below.

Highlighted
Message 146 of 157 (1,021 Views)

[ Edited ]

Hi JUlianLars

We're sorry to hear that that the issue still persist even after the attempt to troubleshoot it. Have your tried to reformat the laptop back to factory setting?

We highly recommend visiting our Sony Global Web site for information on contacting the Sony Support Center in your region at http://www.sony.net/SonyInfo/Support/ to assist you with this issue.

Regards,
Jen

Answered your question? Glad I could help! Please Click the "Accept as Solution" button below.

Enthusiast
Message 147 of 157 (771 Views)

Re: My sony vaio laptop does not recognize the cd/dvd drive. It did a month ago, but not now. Any help?

I did not have any luck with the Sony product. I returned it. It was extremely challenging as I tried many options to make it work...without any luck.
Enthusiast
Message 148 of 157 (545 Views)

Hi, I followed all instructions and have been trying everything possible. I still cannot play either CD or DVD. I would like some help on this matter.

My SONY VAIO Model is: SVE171C11M

PRODUCT NAME: SVE1712Q1EW

I appreciate and thank you for your attention in advance.

Runaldo

Message 149 of 157 (510 Views)

Hi Runaldoferre,

We're sorry to hear that after several attempts to fix your laptop the issue still persists. We highly recommend visiting our Sony Global Web site for information on contacting the Sony Support Center in your region at http://www.sony.net/SonyInfo/Support/ to assist you with this issue. 

Regards,
Jen

Rookie
Message 150 of 157 (383 Views)

Hi,

i did same procedure but still not able to run the cd, my model num is E series - VPCEH25EN

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook