Skip to the end of navigation

Welcome to the Community!

VAIO - Software & Other Operating Systems

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Expert
Message 91 of 157 (1,934 Views)

Re: My sony vaio laptop does not recognize the cd/dvd drive. It did a month ago, but not now. Any he

If you're looking for a replacement drive. You can get it online here:

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_odkw=sony+SVE151B11W+dvd&_osacat=0&_from=R40&_trksid=p2045573.m570.l...

Or from Sony Parts here:

http://esupport.sony.com/US/p/model-accessories.pl

Good luck.

Expert
Message 92 of 157 (1,929 Views)

Re: My sony vaio laptop does not recognize the cd/dvd drive. It did a month ago, but not now. Any he

Is the registry key aka the folder (HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4d36e965-e325-11ce-bfc1-08002be10318}) empty?

Inside the key, you should have multiple entries and a Class entry with value "CDROM".

In Device Manager, under DVD/CD-ROM drives, do you have an entry for the optical drive?

Message 93 of 157 (1,884 Views)

Hi suneel7ss

If you followed all our suggestions on the previous post, then most probably this is a hardware issue. 

Although, you're using a non-U.S. model of Vaio we still suggest to visit Sony Authorized Service Center nearest in your location. I will also send you a private message for more details. 

Regards,

Vincent 

If my post answers your question, please mark it as "Accept as Solution"

Message 94 of 157 (1,874 Views)

Hi Tyler_B123

I already replied to your other post. Please check it here: https://community.sony.com/t5/VAIO-Hardware-Networking/I-cant-play-DVD-s-on-my-viao/m-p/530108 

Thanks,

Vincent 

Enthusiast
Message 95 of 157 (1,733 Views)

Sony viao model: PCG-8Y2M Vista

I followed the advice posted on the sony community page below to use the command: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318} to make the blueray disc work on my viao...the result was that it didn't recognise the code...

Any suggestions?

Enthusiast
Message 96 of 157 (1,599 Views)

Hi TonyM !
I have the same problem and as you said I tried to uninstall and reinstall CD/DVD drive, but when I right clicked on the CD/DVD drive category to select uninstall, there was no uninstall option to be clicked on!!! What should I do now?

Apprentice
Message 97 of 157 (1,580 Views)

I tried your suggestion of deinstalling and reinstalling the drive and confirmed that it was properly deinstalled and reinstalled, but it did not resolve the issue for me.  When I insert a Bluray disc in my laptop does not recognize that it's there.  The model (product name) I have is SVS151290X.  The drive is a CD/DVD/Bluray player (reads & writes when functioning properly).  It just stopped working though I rarely use it, so not due to wear.  Please advise.  Thanks.

Message 98 of 157 (1,561 Views)

Hi deetweds,

Welcome to Sony Community!

We're sorry for this inconvenience. When was the last time that you use your CD/DVD/Bluray player? What is the current operating system of your laptop? Any change that happened prior to the issue? Have you tried different types of CDs/DVDs?

Since you already reinstalled the driver but didn't work try the following steps below:

1. Perform a system restore to a point when the CD/DVD drive was functioning properly. 
  2. Check for a possible virus on the computer. (Use any Anti-virus Software or if you have an existing one).
  3.  Perform a system recovery.

I hope this helps.

Regards,

Jen

Rookie
Message 99 of 157 (1,528 Views)

I have uninstalled the dvd drivers and still it is not working. i tried to remove the upper filters/lower filters. But i could not find in Registry Editor. My model no: SVF152A29W. Please help me.

Message 100 of 157 (1,638 Views)

Hi rajeshcheepurap

Thank you for considering Sony Community! 

I'm sorry that you are experiencing this kind of issue with your computer. Have you tried the suggestion above aside from the lower/upper filters? I suggest following 

For further assistance regarding your concern, please contact the Sony offices/Sony representative offices nearest to your place of residence in Asia Pacific region http://www.sony-asia.com/countryselector.html?hpid=countryselector:AsiaPacific. Due to proximity, they are in a better position to respond to your questions or concerns.

Regards,

Vincent 

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook