Skip to the end of navigation

Welcome to the Community!

VAIO - Software & Other Operating Systems

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Enthusiast
Message 21 of 157 (5,530 Views)

Re: My sony vaio laptop does not recognize the cd/dvd drive. It did a month ago, but not now. Any he

I tried all the steps but still not working. my computer is model number VGN-NS24OE

Enthusiast
Message 22 of 157 (5,531 Views)

Re: My sony vaio laptop does not recognize the cd/dvd drive. It did a month ago, but not now. Any he

the uninstall/install did not fix my problem. my computer model number is VGN-NS240E

Rookie
Message 23 of 157 (5,482 Views)

Re: My sony vaio laptop does not recognize the cd/dvd drive. It did a month ago, but not now. Any help?

how are you doing, I'm also having issues with my DVD/CD drive it seems to read DVD's with out a problem but when i try any other thing like a dvd with workshop type hardware it wont read it, i thought it might be the DVD i received but it works fine on all other laptops or computers i tried it on. i tried the deleting and other stuff from the beginning of this post and none seemed to work any suggestion's?  my model laptop is VGN-N325E

Enthusiast
Message 24 of 157 (5,426 Views)

Re: My sony vaio laptop does not recognize the cd/dvd drive. It did a month ago, but not now. Any help?

I have the same problem!

I uninstalled both the DVD and CD drivers, turned off and then turned back off. Without prompting a box came up saying that both drivers were being installed - and then a message said that both operations had failed and that I should contact Sony - so, what do I do now, please?

Chris-Sony

Expert
Message 25 of 157 (5,415 Views)

Have you tried this registry fix from Microsoft:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929461

Enthusiast
Message 26 of 157 (5,366 Views)

My Sony Vaio is no longer reading CD/DVDs. I can see the drive in my computer but it does not read the CDs. I tried cleaning the DVD tray but it didnt work. I also tried uninstalling the drive and restarting my computer but eventually it also did not read any CD. I had doen before the upper/lower filter fix but still it hasnt worked. My laptop model is S Series VPCSB36FA with windows 7.

Please help. Thank you.

Expert
Message 27 of 157 (5,362 Views)

At this point you probably need a dvd/cd drive replacement.

Get them online:

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_sacat=0&_nkw=VPCSB+optical+drive&_nkwusc=VPCSB+opitcal+dri...

Or from Sony Parts:

http://esupport.sony.com/US/p/model-accessories.pl

Enthusiast
Message 28 of 157 (5,347 Views)

Replaced DVD drive, now all ok
Rookie
Message 29 of 157 (5,328 Views)

UpperFilters/LowerFilters

Spoiler

HELP!

So the DVD started working for a minute but then stopped again. The only step that didn't make sense for me was where you press the Windows key +R and typing regedit. This part HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM showed up but in the right hand pane i did not have the option for  UpperFilters/LowerFilters; it only had the option of Default but the system won't let me delet it! What do i do???

Rookie
Message 30 of 157 (5,328 Views)

#VPCCB490X... just wrote you but forgot to add the model

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook