Skip to the end of navigation

Welcome to the Community!

VAIO - Software & Other Operating Systems

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Rookie
Message 81 of 146 (1,318 Views)

Re: My sony vaio laptop does not recognize the cd/dvd drive. It did a month ago, but not now. Any he

I uninstalled and reinstalled the drive twice.  Both times, it said the reinstallation failed.  The drive still does not work.  The message says to contact the manufacturer for help.  The model # is VGN-CS215J. Please help.

Message 82 of 146 (1,272 Views)

Re: My sony vaio laptop does not recognize the cd/dvd drive. It did a month ago, but not now. Any he

Hi Ladyboss

Welcome to Sony Community! I'm sorry to hear that the issue still persist even after several attempts. what is the current operating system of your unit?

Try the following steps:

1. Uninstall (again) the CD/DVD Drive. (please don't reboot the unit)

2. Go to Vaio Care Desktop>Recovery and Restore>Select Programs and Drivers to Reinstall>select the appropriate Drivers> Install

3. Once successfully installed update the drivers here.

Try to replicate the issue. Goodluck!

Regards,

Jen

If my post answers your question, please mark it as "Accept as Solution"

Rookie
Message 83 of 146 (1,185 Views)

My sony vaio laptop does not recognize the cd/dvd drive.

I have the same problem, CD/DVD not recognised.

I have done the install, and still nothing. CD spins then dies and this is repeated for 3 times then it stops spinning.

can someone help please.

Message 84 of 146 (1,171 Views)

Re: My sony vaio laptop does not recognize the cd/dvd drive.

Hi LordEdgar

Thank you for considering Sony Community! 

Kindly follow the these steps: 

• Power cycle - remove the battery of the laptop and all peripherals -> press and hold the power button for 5 seconds OR (if the battery is not removable) remove all peripherals -> look for a pinhole or battery off button on the bottom of the unit -> using a safety pin, press and hold the power button for 5 seconds
  • Try different disks as well. 
  • You may review my previous post as well and the other moderator's. Follow those steps. I already provided the instruction up to the last steps to isolate the issue if software or hardware issue.

For further assistance, we kindly recommend visiting our Sony Global Web site for information on contacting the Sony Support Center in your region at http://www.sony.net/SonyInfo/Support/.

Thanks,

Vincent 

Expert
Message 85 of 146 (1,168 Views)

Re: My sony vaio laptop does not recognize the cd/dvd drive.

What's the model number of your laptop? You might need a replacement drive.

Enthusiast
Message 86 of 146 (1,090 Views)

Hi Sir, i did tried the above steps but that didnt work for me. here is the model number of my lap " SVE151B11W"

CAN YOU PLEASE HELP ME ON THIS.

THANK YOU

Message 87 of 146 (1,049 Views)

Hi suneel7ss,

Welcome to Sony Community! 

I am sorry but the model SVE151B11W is not being recognized by our system. Where did you purchase your unit? Is it a U.S. model? You may send me a private message with the serial number and service tag number of the laptop for me to check. 

But if you did follow ALL of the steps on previous posts (up to Full Format Recovery), then we can say that this is a hardware issue already. Reinstalling the Operating System back to its original factory settings should resolve any software issue. Just in case you missed the last steps, you may format the unit to fully test if this is a hardware or software issue. 

Best regards,

Vincent 

Rookie
Message 88 of 146 (781 Views)

i can not find where it says upper and lower limits there is something that says "default" value not set

Enthusiast
Message 89 of 146 (778 Views)

here is my model number - SVE15126CNB. i bought this in Chennai -India. 

Expert
Message 90 of 146 (926 Views)

You can get a replacement drive here online:

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_odkw=sony+SVE151B11W+dvd&_osacat=0&_from=R40&_trksid=p2045573.m570.l...

If you want a new OEM part, you should call Sony Parts:

http://esupport.sony.com/US/p/model-accessories.pl

Good luck.

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook