Language: English / Spanish

welcome to Sony's community site

Get involved! Whether you are here to ask or give help - we are happy you stopped by and look forward to seeing you in the future! Please watch our Welcome Video to get started.

VAIO - Software & Other Operating Systems

acadia2431

OS Not Found

Purchased my Sony Vaio in Aug 2010. Running smoothly until yesterday. Now I get the blue screen of death and "Operating System" not found message. Tried tapping F10 to restore. No dice. Any suggestions? I don't have recovery disks.
Please use plain text.
gowin

Re: OS Not Found

The exact thing just happened to me. Hope someone has a solution.
Please use plain text.
USER-984238

If the recovery partition won't boot up, you need your recovery discs. You can buy them at 800.488.7669.
Please use plain text.
Top 40 Artist
KimberlyS

If pressing [f10] at POST does not get you to the "Edit Boot Options" screen then did you create a set of recovery software?
if so use the software and run a Hardware diagnostics. perhaps a restore point will correct your issue. can you get into windows at all? [F8] into Safemode? if absolutely nothing gets you to windows or the partition then yes you will need to obtain a set of recovery software DVDs. since you did not mention your model you can get the software two ways by calling the above number, or simply purchase them directly at the site.
https://servicesales.sel.sony.com/ecom/ ... e=Computer
enter your model in the search field.
Please use plain text.