Language: English / Spanish

welcome to Sony's community site

Get involved! Whether you are here to ask or give help - we are happy you stopped by and look forward to seeing you in the future! Please watch our Welcome Video to get started.

VAIO - Software & Other Operating Systems

Tuning Up
aaronje
Accepted Solution

PC to TV FUllscreen

I have the laptop connected to my Vizio LCD which is 1080p but I cant get the screen to show full size on the tv in 1080p.

When I go to vaio control center and then hdmi resolution settings, the option to click 1080p is greyed out. only 720p is available

Please use plain text.
Top 40 Artist
Keiran

Re: PC to TV FUllscreen

[ Edited ]

I would like some more info. What mode are you in? If you right click on your desktop and hit "Screen Resolution" whiel connected to the TV and tell me if you are on Duplicate Display, Extend Display or Second Display only. What cord type are you using? VGA, HDMI, DVI? A model number would be nice for both the computer and the TV as well. Can't do much without more detailed info.

Generally it is best to avoid using third party ways to connect and manage displays (Vaio Center) and just straight us the OS.

Cheers,
Keiran
#SuperUserbySony
Please use plain text.
Tuning Up
aaronje

PC Sony VGN-FW

TV Vizio M501d-A2

They are connected witha hish speed HDMI 1.4 cable

Display mode: 1/2 Multiple moniters 1080p

Please use plain text.
Top 40 Artist
Keiran

Did you figure it out? I  was about to say you are in Duplicate display if it says 1/2 Multiple Monitors (my fault for using display mode as the term) and to try extending the display instead and see if you can't change the resolution on the TV from there.

Cheers,
Keiran
#SuperUserbySony
Please use plain text.