Welcome to the Community!

VAIO - Software & Other Operating Systems

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Enthusiast
Message 11 of 37 (39,496 Views)

Re: Restore computer to factory settings

To restore my Sony VAIO Windows 7 to factory setting, I referred to pro tool "Windows Boot Genius"! There was no data loss on my pc! The tool worked like a charm!

Enthusiast
Message 12 of 37 (34,594 Views)

mine is sony VPCEH1S0E model core i-5 laptop, i have tried to reset my c drive to factory reset setting by pressing f10, but recovery window wont appear but it states, ... edit windows boot options for: window 7

path: \windows\system32\winload.exe

partition:2

hard disk: bcb21b9b

[ /NOEXECUTE=OPTIN]

and the cursor starts blinking after 'N' in 'optin'

i havenot formatted my laptop ever since it was bought, and my harddisk has not crashed,

i have tried using vaio care, but each time i press assit key and go to restore and recover tab, my laptop wont allow to go to 'REINSTALL APPLICATION AND DRIVER'  but instead it would say u need to install   VAIO CARE RECOVERY, and ask would u like to update vaio care?, when i update my vaio care, same message would repeat again and again

what shall i do to reset my laptop to factory reset setting?

Message 13 of 37 (34,581 Views)

Hi shrijwal,

The recovery partition of your unit may no longer intact. You'll be needing the recovery disks of your unit for you to restore this unit to factory defaults. please visit the Sony Global Web site http://www.sony.net/SonyInfo/Support/?&XID=M:sony_community for info regarding support in other countries/regions. Thanks!

Enthusiast
Message 14 of 37 (34,556 Views)

mine is VPCEH1S0E can u get me a link for vaio care update with vaio recovery and restore

Message 15 of 37 (34,528 Views)

Hi shrijwal,

You can try this link. Hope this helps!

Rookie
Message 16 of 37 (31,160 Views)

hi i got sony vpceb15fg...wehn ever i try to back up or restore thye showing me this msg .system does not appear  to be complet..pls any one have idea for this and i mgetting code also 0x80042302

Guru
Message 17 of 37 (31,138 Views)

Hi, muhammadaamir!

It seems that the Model number that you have provided is not a US Model.

This Forum is for help and support for US Sony products.

For best assistance, please contact the Sony Support team in your area for best assistance!

Thank you! Smiley Happy

Sorry for any inconvenience!

http://www.sony-asia.com/countryselector.html?hpid=countryselector:AsiaPacific
~Sony's #1 Fangirl, Esther Smit
Rookie
Message 18 of 37 (19,390 Views)

I have a Sony VAIO model VGN-NW240F with windows seven. I want to factory reset it so it looks brand new but not recover from an earlier point of time
Message 19 of 37 (19,241 Views)

Hi khaleed1125,

Welcome to Sony Community!

Just to confirm, you want to reformat the computer back to factory default, right?

This link  while teach you on how to do it, please follow the steps carefully. This process is only applicable if you still have the partition on the hard drive. If none then a Recovery Disc is needed to complete the task.

I hope this helps. Good luck!

-Jen

If my post answers your question, please mark it as "Accept as Solution"

Rookie
Message 20 of 37 (18,224 Views)

Hello, I recently inherited my mothers old laptop. It's model number is PCG-7184L and I was just wondering how to go about resetting it back to factory condition. It didn't come with any discs at all, and although I skimmed through some of these threads, this model neither has an "assist" button, nor does it have any previous backups or images to restore to. Please help!

Windows 7 Home Premium Service Pack 1 64-bit

Intel Core 2 Duo T6600 2.20Ghz @ 4GB RAM

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook