Language: English / Spanish
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

welcome to Sony's community site

Get involved! Whether you are here to ask or give help - we are happy you stopped by and look forward to seeing you in the future! Please watch our Welcome Video to get started.

VAIO - Software & Other Operating Systems

USER-971881
Accepted Solution

SM bus Controller Win 7 driver?

I recently purchased a Sony S Series model# VPCSE290X . I love it, however I decided to load my own version of Win 7 from scratch. I installed the Sony shared library like the website insisted on and I was able to download and install the drivers for everything. Everything that is except for something called the SM bus controller. The computer seems to run fine and I don't get any errors except the Device manager stills shows this device as not installed properly and Win 7 seems to be unable to D/L any driver for it. I have searched the Sony Forums here and I have been completely unsuccessful in locating a solution to this issue.

So I am asking: Can Anyone help me here?

I just need the driver for the SM bus controller, and I don't know what the SM bus controller is or does.

Thank you in advance.

David
Please use plain text.
Top 40 Artist
CharlieV

Re: SM bus Controller Win 7 driver?

Hello and welcome to the Users Discussion Forum.

It's easy to understand when installing your own operating system from scratch, some unknown device might showing up with a yellow question mark in the device manager. In your case, the device manager displays a yellow question mark for the SMBus controller which I suggest you to visit the link below to fix it.
http://www.intel.com/support/chipsets/sb/cs-013541.htm
Please use plain text.