Skip to the end of navigation

Welcome to the Community!

VAIO - Software & Other Operating Systems

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Enthusiast
Message 1 of 4 (689 Views)

SVF14212CXB can't boot, Vaio Care can't help.

Unfortunately, after 3 years of good service, my Vaio won't boot.

The black screen with 'Vaio" loads, but it goes no further.

After awhile, it either goes to a black screen, to VAIO care, or a blue screen with error code 0xc000000f.

While in VAIO Care, I am able to click on 'Start troubleshooting (Recovery)', but all that does, is take me back to a black screen to repeat the process, eventually. I am not able to access any troubleshooting options or solutions.

Prior to the failure, it had been running windows 10 without incident.

I'm not ready to give up yet and would appreciate any help or advice to get it operational again.

Thanks 

Message 2 of 4 (639 Views)

Re: SVF14212CXB can't boot, Vaio Care can't help.

Hi, MrByakuya

Thank you for considering Sonty Community! 

You may try to boot the computer to Last Known Good Configuration under Advanced Boot Options menu. While the laptop is restarting, keep tapping the F8 key until you see the Advanced Boot Options screen. Using the down arrow key, go to Last Known Good Configuration and hit Enter: 

F8-advance-HD-windows-option.png

For further assistance regarding your concern, please contact the Sony offices/Sony representative offices nearest to your place of residence in Asia Pacific region http://www.sony-asia.com/countryselector.html?hpid=countryselector:AsiaPacific. Due to proximity, they are in a better position to respond to your questions or concerns.

Regards,

Vincent 

If my post answers your question, please mark it as "Accept as Solution"

Enthusiast
Message 3 of 4 (591 Views)

Hi Vincent,

Thanks for taking the time to reply to my query. 

Unfortunately, I can't access the Advanced Boot Options menu. I can only access the basic BIOS menu and am unable to even start in safe mode.

Further more, upon restarting the computer, none of the function keys have any effect, making me unable to access any of the options they should provide.

Also, my first email query was to the Sony representative offices nearest to my place of residence. However, they said the SVF14212CXB was not an Asian model and could not provide support but, to instead contact here for support.

Any further assistance or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Highlighted
Message 4 of 4 (462 Views)

Hi MrByakuya,

Thank you for the update. You may try the following steps in this link to help you in booting up your laptop. 

https://us.en.kb.sony.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/34849/p/48903,49902,91612,93889/c/65,66/kw/no%20bo...

I hope this helps.

Regards,

Jen

Answered your question? Glad I could help! Please Click the "Accept as Solution" button below.

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook