Language: English / Spanish

welcome to Sony's community site

Get involved! Whether you are here to ask or give help - we are happy you stopped by and look forward to seeing you in the future! Please watch our Welcome Video to get started.

VAIO - Software & Other Operating Systems

jdelectrical

Sony Firmware Extension Parser Device

Sony Firmware Extension Parser for Windows 7 x64 fails to install on a Vaio VGN-CS215J/W with Windows 7 x64 OS installed. Error message keeps telling me the driver is for Vista when in fact, it was downloaded from the Windows 7 x64 driver list on the VGN-CS215J/W esupport page. What should I do?

EDit: Never mind....

Well as it turns out, the driver did install but the process kept telling me it failed. I see it in Device Manager. But for some reason Windows Update cannot see it as being installed because it keeps telling me it has the Sony Firmware Extension Parser Device Update ready to install. But when I try, it fails. Same goes for the Parser downloaded from Sony. Again I see in Device manager, but I don't know if its working. There's no yellow exclamation mark. At this point I don't care. I'm done with it. Thanks

btw, This laptop was purchased in 09. Didn't Sony think costumers would upgrade to Windows 7? Why is it such a hassle to find and install Win7 sony drivers that either might or might not work? Well at least you're not HP. F**K HP. That company is despicable. Thanks
Please use plain text.
Top 40 Artist
CharlieV

Re: Sony Firmware Extension Parser Device

Hello Jdelectrical,

Welcome to the Users Discussion Forum and thank you for your post.
Please use plain text.