Welcome to the Community!

VAIO - Software & Other Operating Systems

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Message 1 of 3 (4,930 Views)
Accepted Solution

Sony VAIO PCG-2F2L Won't start up

I have a Sony VAIO All-in-one model PCG-2F2L which won't boot up. The computer hung trying to load a cd, so I did a hard reboot by holding down the power button until it shut down. Now it won't start up at all. The LED does not blink when I push the button, the fan doesn't attempt to spin, the hard drive doesn't boot up. The screen stays black and doesn't light up. I have tried unplugging everything but the power and it still won't start up. I have tried unplugging the power adapter and it won't start up. When I unplug the adapter from the wall, let the light go out on the adapter, plug it back in, and then try to start the computer, I get a brief beep/whirring noise, but the computer still fails to respond, no light, no fan, no hard drive, nothing. As I said, the light on the adapter is on. Holding the power button down does not do anything either. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.
Contributor
Message 2 of 3 (4,930 Views)

Re: Sony VAIO PCG-2F2L Won't start up

USER-905949 wrote:
> I have a Sony VAIO All-in-one model PCG-2F2L which won't boot up. The
> computer hung trying to load a cd, so I did a hard reboot by holding down
> the power button until it shut down. Now it won't start up at all. The
> LED does not blink when I push the button, the fan doesn't attempt to spin,
> the hard drive doesn't boot up. The screen stays black and doesn't light
> up. I have tried unplugging everything but the power and it still won't
> start up. I have tried unplugging the power adapter and it won't start up.
> When I unplug the adapter from the wall, let the light go out on the
> adapter, plug it back in, and then try to start the computer, I get a brief
> beep/whirring noise, but the computer still fails to respond, no light, no
> fan, no hard drive, nothing. As I said, the light on the adapter is on.
> Holding the power button down does not do anything either. Any help would
> be appreciated. Thank you.

Try to remove the battery and the ac adapter//then press and hold the power button for about 30 seconds//put the battery back in and the ac adapter//try to turn it on//if this will not work//try to remove the battery and plug in the ac adapter only//try to turn it on//it should turn on with the ac adapter only//if not, the motherboard may have a problem//try to check also if the port where you connect the ac adapter to the computer is loose or is wobbling//hope this helps//give a call also to sony vaio tech support 888-476-6972
Enthusiast
Message 3 of 3 (3,920 Views)

Re: Sony VAIO PCG-2F2L Won't start up

When my Sony VAIO won't start because the following file is missing or corrupt: Windows/System/vgaoem.fon., 

Windows Boot Genius supported me with easy steps to get me start pc again normally.

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook