Language: English / Spanish

welcome to Sony's community site

Get involved! Whether you are here to ask or give help - we are happy you stopped by and look forward to seeing you in the future! Please watch our Welcome Video to get started.

VAIO - Software & Other Operating Systems

USER-905949
Accepted Solution

Sony VAIO PCG-2F2L Won't start up

I have a Sony VAIO All-in-one model PCG-2F2L which won't boot up. The computer hung trying to load a cd, so I did a hard reboot by holding down the power button until it shut down. Now it won't start up at all. The LED does not blink when I push the button, the fan doesn't attempt to spin, the hard drive doesn't boot up. The screen stays black and doesn't light up. I have tried unplugging everything but the power and it still won't start up. I have tried unplugging the power adapter and it won't start up. When I unplug the adapter from the wall, let the light go out on the adapter, plug it back in, and then try to start the computer, I get a brief beep/whirring noise, but the computer still fails to respond, no light, no fan, no hard drive, nothing. As I said, the light on the adapter is on. Holding the power button down does not do anything either. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
kael_08

Re: Sony VAIO PCG-2F2L Won't start up

USER-905949 wrote:
> I have a Sony VAIO All-in-one model PCG-2F2L which won't boot up. The
> computer hung trying to load a cd, so I did a hard reboot by holding down
> the power button until it shut down. Now it won't start up at all. The
> LED does not blink when I push the button, the fan doesn't attempt to spin,
> the hard drive doesn't boot up. The screen stays black and doesn't light
> up. I have tried unplugging everything but the power and it still won't
> start up. I have tried unplugging the power adapter and it won't start up.
> When I unplug the adapter from the wall, let the light go out on the
> adapter, plug it back in, and then try to start the computer, I get a brief
> beep/whirring noise, but the computer still fails to respond, no light, no
> fan, no hard drive, nothing. As I said, the light on the adapter is on.
> Holding the power button down does not do anything either. Any help would
> be appreciated. Thank you.

Try to remove the battery and the ac adapter//then press and hold the power button for about 30 seconds//put the battery back in and the ac adapter//try to turn it on//if this will not work//try to remove the battery and plug in the ac adapter only//try to turn it on//it should turn on with the ac adapter only//if not, the motherboard may have a problem//try to check also if the port where you connect the ac adapter to the computer is loose or is wobbling//hope this helps//give a call also to sony vaio tech support 888-476-6972
Please use plain text.
Groovin'
Barem

Re: Sony VAIO PCG-2F2L Won't start up

When my Sony VAIO won't start because the following file is missing or corrupt: Windows/System/vgaoem.fon., 

Windows Boot Genius supported me with easy steps to get me start pc again normally.
Please use plain text.