Welcome to the Community!

VAIO - Software & Other Operating Systems

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Rookie
Message 1 of 2 (709 Views)

Sony VAIO SVS13116FGP Problem ultra slow

I have the above model. It was working fine. Then it suddenly became ultra slow. 5-10 minutes to start up, then after we get into the windows, another 20 minutes of doing nothing. I try to click on anything, no response or a turning circle.

Computer does respond after a very long time. EG after turning it on for 40 minutes, eventually I can open some software. But it is really incredibly delayed. EG if I click on the date at the bottom right of the screen, it is 3-5 minutes before the calendar pops up.

This doesn't speed up no matter how long the system is on. It is as though time has dilated itself for the laptop.

Shutting down also takes like 8 minutes, where I just stare at the shutting down window and the turning circle for a very long time.

The ASSIST button that we're all encouraged to use doesn't work. Totally no response.

I have tried safe mode and reset to earlier point (1 year ago) with no effect. The computer is still ultra, ultra slow.

Highlighted
Message 2 of 2 (607 Views)

Re: Sony VAIO SVS13116FGP Problem ultra slow

Hi, Goldilocks

Thank you for considering Sony Community! 

If the issue started after installing an update or a specific software, you may try to delete or uninstall it to isolate the issue. We also suggest performing a clean boot. In this state, third-party applications will not run on the system. This will help us to eliminate the cause of this issue. Another option you may try is to run a full system scan using an updated antivirus. 

For further assistance regarding your concern, please contact the Sony offices/Sony representative offices nearest to your place of residence in Asia Pacific region http://www.sony-asia.com/countryselector.html?hpid=countryselector:AsiaPacific. Due to proximity, they are in a better position to respond to your questions or concerns.

Regards,

Vincent 

If my post answers your question, please mark it as "Accept as Solution"

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook