Welcome to the Community!

VAIO - Software & Other Operating Systems

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Enthusiast
Message 1 of 4 (139 Views)

Sony VAIO VPCEH37FX not recognizing cd drive

My cd drive is not recognizing cd or dvds.  It was working a couple of weeks ago.  I was playing one dvd and then when I put another one in later it wouldnt work.

I checked your solutions on other peoples post but uninstalling through the device manager did not work.

Any other suggestions?  Please help. 

Message 2 of 4 (100 Views)

Re: Sony VAIO VPCEH37FX not recognizing cd drive

Hi Hulagirl,

Welcome to Sony Community!

We're sorry to hear that the suggested fix on this forum didn't resolve your issue. Are you getting an error message? Were there any changes or updates that happened prior to the issue? 

You may try the steps in this link,

https://us.en.kb.sony.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/40960/p/48903,49902,71535,71563/c/65,66/kw/cd%20dr...

If you already tried this, kindly repeat the step #9, Perform a system restore to a point when the CD/DVD drive was functioning properly.

Regards,
Jen

Answered your question? Glad I could help! Please Click the "Accept as Solution" button below.
Enthusiast
Message 3 of 4 (98 Views)

I have checked and done all the steps including a system restore and still not working.

Anything else I could ddo?

Thank you.

Highlighted
Message 4 of 4 (71 Views)

Hi, Hulagirl

If you followed all the steps on the previous link and still getting the same result, then we recommend performing a full format recovery: https://us.en.kb.sony.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/32099/

Regards,

Vincent 

If my post answers your question, please mark it as "Accept as Solution"

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook