Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted
Enthusiast
Message 1 of 6 (644 Views)
Accepted Solution

Sony VGN-Z690NAX

I can not find the assist button. please show its locatation. Thanks a lot.

Message 2 of 6 (599 Views)

Re: Sony VGN-Z690NAX

[ Edited ]

Hi Wjyang,

Welcome to Sony Community!

This laptop has no ASSIST button. May we know why do you need this button? You may also want to tell us a brief description of the issue for us to provide you an accurate solution. 

Please visit this link for further assistance, https://esupport.sony.com/US/p/model-home.pl?mdl=VGNZ690&template_id=1&region_id=1&tab=howto#/howtoT...

Regards,
Jen

Answered your question? Glad I could help! Please Click the "Accept as Solution" button below.

Enthusiast
Message 3 of 6 (564 Views)

VGN Z690NAX

Thank you for answering my question, although my problem has not been solved yet.

I want to find ASSIST button to restore to an earlier time.

About 2 months I did not use this laptop, one day I use it, and then I saw it when it was running windows update (OS is windows 10), the next day I want to use it, but it can not start to windows, (the situation was the screen is black after showing bios). I guess it’s windows update reason, so I want to remove windows update on the safe mode, unfortunately I press F8 not working, and I tried to press F10, it was shown to be back to the factory settings, which is not what I want. This laptop has no ASSIST button. How can I do?

Message 4 of 6 (501 Views)

Hi, Wjyang

If you want to restore the computer to an earlier time, perform System Restore: https://us.en.kb.sony.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/38134/

Regards,

Vincent 

If my post answers your question, please mark it as "Accept as Solution"

Enthusiast
Message 5 of 6 (450 Views)

To perform a System Restore must laptop can start to windows, but my laptop crash, how can I do (I want to restore the computer to an earlier time)? Thanks a lot.

Message 6 of 6 (344 Views)

Hi Wjyang,

If you can't turn on the computer then there is no way to restore your system to an earlier date. You mentioned that some function keys don't work as well, right? We strongly suggest that you bring the unit to an authorized repair center to help you with your issue. Here is the link for more details, https://esupport.sony.com/US/p/service.pl

Regards,
Jen

Answered your question? Glad I could help! Please Click the "Accept as Solution" button below.

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook