Language: English / Spanish
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

welcome to Sony's community site

Get involved! Whether you are here to ask or give help - we are happy you stopped by and look forward to seeing you in the future! Please watch our Welcome Video to get started.

VAIO - Software & Other Operating Systems

Groovin'
Elepzia
Accepted Solution

Sony Vaio Fit 14 won't restart

Hi everyone,

I am having problems with my new Sony Vaio Fit 14. It seems that every time I want to restart the computer It will literally take forever and wont restart unless I force it to shut down by pressing the button.

I recently bought it so I would like to know what could the cause be.

Thanks

Please use plain text.
RichO

Re: Sony Vaio Fit 14 won't restart

I just want to know if you have a lot of background operations going on prior to restarting your computer.  Was it working properly prior to the issue?  Try closing all the applications before restarting.  Does it also happen when you select shutdown? Please provide the model name of your VAIO computer.

Please use plain text.
Groovin'
Elepzia

My model is the "SVF14A190X" and I am using normal softwares like chrome, microsoft word. This has been happening since the first day I bought it.
Please use plain text.
RichO

So even without any applications running it wont restart? Have you tried restarting the computer right after turning it on?  Did you install third party software recently? Have you tried Safe Mode?

Please use plain text.
Groovin'
Elepzia

Yes I tried restarting right after turning on and it does restart. It looks like the problem is when I want to shut down or restart when I have used different softwares.

No I have not, this has been a problem since day 1 I bought the laptop.
Please use plain text.
RichO

Follow these steps to identify if a Startup or System Services item is causing an error:

How to identify if a Startup or System Services item is causing an error

We will try to further isolate what might be causing this issue to happen. 

Please use plain text.
Tuning Up
Moclass1

Hello,

I have a similar model and had this same problem since I bought my Sony Vaio laptop in 2013. The restart function has never worked from inception. Anytime I use the function, I wait for hours before I shutdown with the power button. So to restart I have had to use shutdown them power on button. It's not the way a laptop should function. Also the suggested solution is not the issue, laptop doesn't restart is the main issue.
Please use plain text.