Language: English / Spanish
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

welcome to Sony's community site

Get involved! Whether you are here to ask or give help - we are happy you stopped by and look forward to seeing you in the future! Please watch our Welcome Video to get started.

VAIO - Software & Other Operating Systems

Accepted Solution

Stereo Mix

Hello, at first I am sorry if this place is not the right
place to postmy issue but I didnt know where to post it.

I have a Sony VAIO VPCEB23FM, and I really can't find the Stereo
Mix Device, I've tried to uncheck the "Show Disabled Devices"
& "Show Disconnected Devices" but nothing that shows Stereo Mix.
I have Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit
Sound Card Realtek
I've tried to install Realtek driver version which is " 6.0.1.5992"
But still without Stereo Mix

Can someone help me how to find the Stereo Mix?

Thank You ....
Top 40 Artist

Re: Stereo Mix

Hello, and welcome to the forums.
Stereo mix is used in conjunction with a "Line In" port. Since this notebook does not have a "Line In" audio jack there is no stereo mix option under the recording tab.

If you are looking for an alternative, you can right click on "Microphone" and check mark the "listen to this device" box. The output will then output directly to the speakers via the internal mic, or your external device such as an mp3 player or microphone.
Groovin'

Hi Kimberly,

I've spent a LOT of time (weeks that I'll never get back) LOL trying to research and talking with Sony eSupport and even with an expert (name withheld for lack of response to my questons) on this subject. I have a case #44794 if that helps any to update you on the history with this issue. I've been told everything from how to do what I had said I previously tried multiple times; enabling hidden and disabled recording devices that were already checked; rolling back drivers to previous versions; updating drivers to the same current one I had; been told that the Realtek driver for Windows 8 was incompatible for 8.1; even though there was no updated version and device manager showed it was working properly... and finally being told I needed to reset my computer (after backing up all my info); to factory defaults and Window 8 in order to get Stereo Mixer to show up under recording devices so I could use it with my Sony Sound Forge software. I wasn't willing to do that because I had already seen online in forums that no Stereo Mixer was also a problem with Windows 8 and even 7. I had requested that it be verified prior to another step of futility and that was the end of the conversation. This problem isn't going away (and neither am I for that matter) until I can get a resolution.

I currently also have a desktop with Windows 7 and Sony Sound Forge, also with no Stereo Mixer available for recording device. It does show a line in option along with microphone; so I'm wondering why even with the line in (if that is required) that I still can't record anything directly from the sound card if needng a line in port was necessary. Any other ideas you might have that solve this recording issue would be appreciated. Thanks!

[ Edited ]

Hi Gunner_J

Welcome to Sony Community!

The audio driver on our computers has the basic functions only, if you have Sound forge that is pre-installed on your computer and the audio mixer was working before then i suggest that you contact Sony Creative Software.

Regards,

Jen

If my post answers your question, please mark it as "Accept as Solution"

Groovin'

Thanks Jen for your reply.

Sound Forge wasn't preinstalled. I bought it with my Vaio Duo 11 and installed it. The Stereo Mixer recording device  (hopefully we're talking about the same thing); wasn't available before or after. Can you tell me if there's an older rev Realtek driver I could download and roll back to; that would enable Stereo Mixer and allow me to record audio directly?

Appreciate your help,

Gunner

Hi Gunner_J,

Can you tell me what is the exact model name of the computer so I could check the specification and the Realtek driver compatible to your laptop. We have units wherein the Sound Forge is pre-installed on the laptop. Have you ever use this Stereo Mixer before or it never work?

Jen

Groovin'

Hi Jen,

Thanks for checking on this for me. My model # is SVD1122APXB. The current Realtek HD Audio driver is 6.0.1.6764

The Sony Sound Forge is version 10.0 Build 252 and under Tools and Preferences, it only shows Primary Sound Capture Driver, Left and Right. It will record from the internal microphone but not from the sound card.

Sadly, I didn't realize there was a problem until last month when I tried to record direct from the internet with Sound Forge. As you have probably seen peviously from the Case # (44794); I started investigating and contacting Sony eSupport for help. I discovered that there should be a Stereo Mixer listed under recording devices that would allow me to do that. Nothing so far has worked to have that capability. I've never checked before last month for Sound Mixer and so I haven't had the chance to see it or use it.

Appreciate your help,

Gunner

Hi Gunner_J,

Thanks for the detailed answer. Kindly visit this website for further assistance and information about the Sony Sound. to answer this. Thanks.

REgards,

Jen

Groovin'

Hi, Jen,

It's been over 2 weeks since I requested an answer to my original question that started back in February with Sony eSupport. I've sent two requests to Sony Sound Forge tech support via the link you provided and have only gotten an auto response that did not resolve the issue. Still hoping to get someone who knows how to fix this problem.

Thanks,

Gunner

Hi Gunner,

Sorry for the misunderstanding, did you already call the Sony Creative Software Technical support team? I thought i already gave you the link with the phone number to call for your Sony Forge stereo mix issue, they are the best person to assist you and answer your questions about this application and how it works. Just click on this link to go to their websitewith their contact number in there.

Regards,
Jen