Language: English / Spanish
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

welcome to Sony's community site

Get involved! Whether you are here to ask or give help - we are happy you stopped by and look forward to seeing you in the future! Please watch our Welcome Video to get started.

VAIO - Software & Other Operating Systems

Groovin'
Yeaney
Accepted Solution

Tricks to Reset Windows 8 Administrator Password

[ Edited ]

Problem: “My sister has locked herself out of her Windows 8 account with Administrator privileges. Everything she tried to but needs to provide an administrator password, which she used to lock herself out. Is there anything she can do”?

Solution: Reset her Windows 8 administrator password to regain administrator privileges of her computer.
Here are some solutions for her to reset Windows 8 admin password. No special technical skill required. Everyone can do it by following the methods listed below.

reset windows 8 password

Completely free solution – use Ophcrack or Linux Live CD

If she wants to solve her problem without any charge, the best solution is to use Opchrack or create a Linux Live CD.

Ophcrack is a complete free Windows password recovery that runs on Windows 8/7/Vista/XP, Mac, linux. Based on rainbow tables, this free Windows password recovery allows her to recover her forgotten Windows 8 password, not reset the password. But this freeware is complicated and time-consuming. Most of important, the password recovery rate is not guaranteed.

Creating a Linux Live CD is another choice when she forgot Windows 8 password or other Windows passwords. But if your sister is newbie, this method is not suggested as it requires a little technique skills.

The easiest and fastest solution – use Windows Password Key Professional

Windows Password Key Professional is an easy yet efficient Windows password reset app designed for personal and business users. With this simple utility, she can burn a bootable Windows password reset disk with CD/DVD or USB drive in seconds to reset the lost Windows password on locked PC. And she will be access the locked PC without password.

This program can reset any type of Windows password, such as Windows administrator password, standard user password and guest password. It support all popular Windows platforms like Windows 8/7/Vista/XP and Windows servers. The whole Windows 8 password recovery process will cost no more than 4 minutes, regardless of her computing level and password strength. Overall steps:

1. Download and install Windows Password Key Professional in any PC.
2. Burn a bootable Windows password reset disk with CD/DVD/USB drive.
3. Start her locked PC from the bootable password reset disk.
4. Reset lost Windows 8 administrator password within a few clicks.

The last solution – Reinstall Windows

Reinstalling Windows is always regarded as the last solution when it comes to bypass Windows 8 password. This will not only erase some of  important data, but also take her much time.

One more tip: In reality, the best solution for resetting a forgotten Windows 8 password is to use the password reset disk created through the Windows 8 built-in feature. But the presupposition is that she remembers to create that disk before forgetting her computer password.

Source:  How to Reset Windows 8 Password?

Please use plain text.
Emerging Star
CharuV

Re: Tricks to Reset Windows 8 Administrator Password

[ Edited ]

Hello.

The steps you provided was really helpful. Thank you.

Regards,

Charu

Please use plain text.
Groovin'
congming

Good post! I haven't use this tool yet! Last week I forgot my win 8 admin password, at first I didn't know how to recover windows 8 password until my friend recommended me Windows Password Recovery Tool 3.0. It is really helpful.

Please use plain text.
Groovin'
bengdang

[ Edited ]

Not clear? Here is a video guide on how to reset windows 8 administrator password can help you: http://youtu.be/ezz8XeHPAVM

Please use plain text.
Groovin'
mongdong

[ Edited ]

Popular blog on how to reset Windows 8 password.

Please use plain text.
Groovin'
congming

Get more Windows 8 password recovery solution on blogspot.

Please use plain text.
Groovin'
artarky

Reset Windows 8/7/Vista/xp password with CMD. Key steps:

Step 1: Logon your Windows as administrator(You also can logon Safe Mode with Command Prompt, pressing F8 when restart your computer, hit up/down key to choose Safe Mode with Command Prompt and hit Enter).

Step 2: Click on Start, type cmd in the Run box or Search box and press Enter.

Step 3: Type net user, all user accounts of your computer will be listed.

Step 4: Type net user “UserName” “NewPassword”(replace UerName and NewPassword with yours), press Enter, then the password will be reset as new one and you can logon Windows 7/Vista with it.

You also can use a program base on CMD to reset forgotten Windows 8 administrator password intantly. This is an easy and safe way for Windows 8 password recovery as nothing will be lost after recovery. ..

Please use plain text.
Groovin'
Norcefuny

For your four methods to do password recovery for Windows 8, I think the first way "Ophcrack or Linux Live CD" may be little complex for normal people; The second is reset software, I don't know it is good or not for I did't use it before, but maybe can try. The third "Reinstall Windows" I don't like. That method only you have no ways to solve password forgotten. It only be the last choice. The last method "Windows Password Reset Disk" I like it for it is simple. In fact if you want to know more about Windows 8 password reset you can visit http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/forgot-windows-password

Please use plain text.
Groovin'
tong

Not clear? Here is a video guide: How to Reset Windows 8 Password?

Please use plain text.
Emerging Star
JeromeJones

[ Edited ]

To reset Windows 8 password, you can take a Windows password reset disk or a Windows password recovery tool, like Windows Password Unlocker. A video from youtube about how to reset Windows 8 password:

Please use plain text.