Welcome to the Community!

VAIO - Software & Other Operating Systems

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Rookie
Message 1 of 7 (37,361 Views)
Accepted Solution

Turn off VAIO all in one touchscreen function / disable annoying system sound / phantom touch inputs

[ Edited ]

My VAIO Model Name: VPCL2390X

I successfully turn off the touch screen function on my VAIO all in one machine.  Additionally, it doesn't make the annoying beeping sound like when you touch the screen even with touch input disabled.  Some older VAIO model won't have "NextWindow Voltron Touch Screen" in the human interface drivers though.

I hope this helps for people:

These instructions are for Windows 8. To get to Device Manager in Windows 7, click the Start button, and then type Device Manager in the search field. Select Device Manager from the search results.

1. Press the Windows logo key + X.
  2. Select Device Manager from the list.
  3. Click the little arrow next to Human Interface Devices to expand the list.
  4. Click the touch screen driver (in my case, NextWindow Voltron Touch Screen).
  5. Right-click, and select Disable from the list.
  6. Click Yes on the dialog box that asks if you are sure you want to disable the touch screen driver.
  7. Restart your computer

When you want your touch screen to work again, follow the process above, EXCEPT when right-clicking the touch screen driver, select Enable.

~Lil.Liebe

Rookie
Message 2 of 7 (35,052 Views)

Re: Turn off VAIO all in one touchscreen function / disable annoying system sound / phantom touch inputs

Nick, you are my new superhero. I have just spent the past few hours literally trawling the net trying to find exactly how to do what you have here... do you know how many people have this exact same problem? I was really surprised and, taking your advice on this post, I've just solved a problem that has been bugging me for months now and has slowly been made worse since warmer weather here in Sydney Australia as even little bugs like mosquitos and other little flying insects landing on my monitor would cause the beep... at one stage I was convinced the bugs were having a rave dance party on my monitor as the beep would beep about 10 times or more in a row..(I have my house window open with a fly screen on but not a well ******ed screen so the bugs do get in)... I am now so indebted to you that I'm actually at a loss for words, which is extremely unsual for me. Thank you for making my headache go away and giving me peace of mind. You are a lifesaver. Have a wonderful day and thank you for your help.

Kindest regards

Helen

Enthusiast
Message 3 of 7 (23,317 Views)

Re: Turn off VAIO all in one touchscreen function / disable annoying system sound / phantom touch inputs

Thanks!  Worked great.  It is really sad to spend a lot of money on this Sony Vaio tablet only to have the touch screen not work.  I was able to shut it off quite a while ago but a Windows update re-enabled it.  So frustrating.  I will never, never, never buy any Sony product again.  Their products are trash and so is their "customer service."

Rookie
Message 4 of 7 (8,928 Views)

this solution also worked on this windows 10 pro VPCL2290X. would buy you a round if a could.

Enthusiast
Message 5 of 7 (4,215 Views)

Hey Nick,

I've got a problem. I just updated to Windows 10 (for security reasons) and now the touch screen is back on. I tuened it off because it randomly clicks and touchs and swipes all over the screen because the touch funtcion, for a better word, is F***ed. Now I am unable to Login, because every time I try to type the password it clicks away making it impossible. Is there a solution for this? is there a way to turn off the touch funtion from the Bios? on even a key comand that will dissable all input besides the keyboard?

Please help, as I am locked out of my computer because of this ****** funtion.

Regards,
Derek

Highlighted
Message 6 of 7 (4,113 Views)

Hi, Derek_m

I already replied to your other post. Check that here: https://community.sony.com/t5/VAIO-Windows-10/How-do-you-turn-off-touch-screen-before-Login/m-p/6311...

Regards,

Vincent 

If my post answers your question, please mark it as "Accept as Solution"

Rookie
Message 7 of 7 (2,415 Views)

It worked well with me!!

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook