Language: English / Spanish
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

welcome to Sony's community site

Get involved! Whether you are here to ask or give help - we are happy you stopped by and look forward to seeing you in the future! Please watch our Welcome Video to get started.

VAIO - Software & Other Operating Systems

Groovin'
GMartorell
Accepted Solution

Update drivers for NVIDIA® GeForce® GT 330M

Need the updated drivers for NVIDIA® GeForce® GT 330M that comes with my Vaio Z  VPCZ128GX , the drivers in eSupport are from 2010, and nVidia software does not detect the 330M card

VPCZ125GX

Please use plain text.
RyanC

Re: Update drivers for NVIDIA® GeForce® GT 330M

Do you have the VGPPRZ20 docking station plugged in?  The Nvidia chipset is not located within the notebook but in the PRZ dock instead... and without the dock it is normal for the Nvidia device to not be detected.

Please use plain text.
Groovin'
GMartorell

Nope, I have the VPCZ128GX.

Please use plain text.
RyanC

Sorry about that GMartorell,

I admit I missread your model as a VPCZ2 series.

The graphics driver available for this model is available here at the esupport website.  This is the latest and only driver available for this model. If your Nvidia graphics chip is not detected by the system and you have tried installing this driver, then you may have a hardware issue that requires service.

Is the Nvidia device not seen in device manager as well?

Please use plain text.
RyanC

Additionally, were you trying to install the driver while in Speed mode?  Or stamina mode?

Please use plain text.
Groovin'
GMartorell

Yeap, tried in both modes, speed and stamina (although I know stamina "disconects" the 330m).

I can see it fine in the device manager, and I can select it when I play Skyrim, although when I go inside the game I have a really bad glitch with the shadows, which is fixed in the newer version of the 330m driver.

I quote from a  nVidia forum:

"Oh the trickery. 330M may very well be supported by the driver you downloaded, just not your 330M. People have been dealing with this issue on notebooks for a very long time now. This is why websites like laptopvideo2go.com exist. There you can find a modified .inf that allows the driver to install on your system."

Any clues?

Please use plain text.
RyanC

Sony can only provide you the driver available on the Esupport.sony.com website.  You are free to try third party drivers from Nvidia or that website laptopvideo2go.com, but this would be at your own risk and those drivers would likely cause the hybrid graphics (Speed/Stamina switch) to stop working.  If you get those third party drivers working, you'd likely want to leave the switch in Speed mode indefinately.

Please use plain text.
Groovin'
GMartorell

"Sony can only provide you the driver available on the Esupport.sony.com website."

That's disappointing, Sony should have better support than that, using a 3 year old driver with NO update since release, it's a shame.

I'm sure it's not your fault RyanC, you are just doing your job. But I'm pretty sure someone down or up the workchain isn't, and it's on them to have lost a costumer right here, and surely all of those who had this problem.

Thanks anyway :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Tuning Up
Andrew08

bringing back old topic

search for My discoveries on Vaio Z’s Hybrid Graphics

I customized NVidia 26314 - 2266 for our vpcz1- it is 2nd gen switchable(function like sony driver, no need test mode) for windows 7

I am also making 332.50 - 2993 for vpcz1 but it is 1st gen switchable(need to restart to change, no need test mode, but require bios hack) for windows 8

I am also trying 332.50 - 2993 for vpcz1 it is 3rd gen switchable optimus(switch on the fly, no need test mode, consume more battery) for windows 8
Please use plain text.